• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General How long does a body take to decompose in a bag of holding? (Asking for a friend...)

If time doesn't pass, then you could now have entire PC's jumping into the bag of holding. It's hard to suffocate if time is frozen. I have seen warforged players do this, though.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
It's tough to read, but this pic might help.

8541a02a72f6535dcf7c5f6965101dc6.jpg

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Oh my. Warforged in a bag is now a thing. Best Trojan Horse ever. Bag o' Zombies is also a cool idea. Now I have to go hire some Wargorged henchmen.

aco175

Legend
Oh my. Warforged in a bag is now a thing. Best Trojan Horse ever. Bag o' Zombies is also a cool idea. Now I have to go hire some Wargorged henchmen.
The size limits on the bag may limit the numbers, but I never really placed too much of a limit until things started to become a problem. The book has the size as about a 55gallon drum which is fine for carrying a backpacks worth of stuff around for 15 pounds, but not magical cool.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
Am I showing my age that I thought the BoH was a 10x10 space? It possibly age is taking it's terrible toll on my memory.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I might justify it by saying that it's a demiplane where time doesn't pass, the rules neither say it is nor say it isn't, but they do mention multiple times that the bag of holding is somehow related to the Astral Plane, which is timeless (at least in 3e MotP, while the 5e DMG merely says you don't get old or hungry while in it).

If time does not pass in the bag... how does one suffocate in it? They are very clear that the bag has a limited amount of air - that only matters if time is passing, and you need to take a next breath.

Remove ads