• 21-30 years

Votes: 42 18.3%
  • 31-40 years

Votes: 130 56.8%
  • 41 years or more

Votes: 33 14.4%

Yaztromo

Explorer
A friend at secondary school convinced me to try playing with the Red Box, and... ;)

What surprises me above all is that it looks like quite a lot of people around here started playing about in the same years...:-S

imdeadagain

Explorer
Started playing D&D in 84, played and GM'd many other systems too for about 15 years, runequest, traveller, car wars, tunnels and trolls, GURPS, rolemaster, bushido, lords of creation, champions and many others that my ageing brain is too mushy to remember.

Rediscovered the hobby in 2016 and haven't stopped since, DM'd the basic set followed by storm kings thunder, having a break to play for a while until TOA comes out. Oh and I exclusively DM AL now.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Interesting there isn't a single person with under 10 years of gaming here so far. Any newbies out there?

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
My starting point was the tabletop boardgame HeroQuest, back in 1990 or '91. Then my mom bought me a copy of ICE's Middle Earth Roleplaying Game around '92 and I couldn't make heads or tails of it. In '93 my friend bought a copy of Earthdawn, and from that point I was hooked. A year and a half later I was introduced to D&D (or more specifically, AD&D 2nd Edition) and that was that.

@Morrus: I've been teaching my 3-1/2 year old the basics, moving in through the old D&D cartoon and the new Tales of Equestria game (and HeroQuest), so newbies exist. It will just be a while until he can spell well enough to join ENWorld.

MechaPilot

Explorer
Interesting there isn't a single person with under 10 years of gaming here so far. Any newbies out there?

It's not me personally, but I have three players at my table who just started playing D&D within the last two years. I don't think they come to these forums and post, though.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I began playing in Fall 1980 with a friend's borrowed character for D&D. I probably disappointed him, since his character got clobbered by a statue of his own god down to 1 HP.
I figured out how to make up my own characters after that.

By Christmas, I had discovered Gamma World - which is still my favorite game to get 'homesick' over.

I have played Champions, D&D's several variants, Gamma World's many variants, and one-off'ed a few other games (Ghostbusters, anyone?) here and there.

I have DM'ed Gamma World (at Conventions, mid 1980s to mid 1990s) and D&D.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases