• 11-20 years

Votes: 15 6.6%
  • 21-30 years

Votes: 42 18.3%
  • 31-40 years

Votes: 130 56.8%
  • 41 years or more

Votes: 33 14.4%

I started with Holmes Basic. A friend introduced me to it - they had been in Kansas over the summer and had got that game - so they ran a module (B1) and I joined. I was hooked ever since. I gamed with them, and bought the brand new nifty hardcover Players Handbook, and it took me a bit to release it was a different game, and not just a more complex version of what I had been playing. I also got the new Gamma World when it came out the next year. All of this started in '77.
I played TSR pretty exclusivily until I went to University in 1985, where I really learned about all the other game systems out there, including Champions (later HERO) that became my game of choice until very recently. My wife games, and so usually one or the other of us GMed our HERO group, so we tried a bunch of different games over the years for games just for the two of us to play - something that had a different play experience than HERO.

MGibster

Legend
Interesting there isn't a single person with under 10 years of gaming here so far. Any newbies out there?
Given the demographics of gamers in general, I'm more than a little shocked to see the high percentage of 31-40 year players. Are the younger players all on TikTok or Reddit?

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Given the demographics of gamers in general, I'm more than a little shocked to see the high percentage of 31-40 year players. Are the younger players all on TikTok or Reddit?
Yeah, or something like that.
As a social media format, forums are the domain of the olds.

Last edited:

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
The poll is not about how old you are, but how long have you been gaming. If you take an average starting age of 10, then you can extrapolate that 88% of the people responding to this poll on this forum are over age 40+.
Ah, that's a good point.
I stand corrected.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases