• 21-30 years

Votes: 42 18.3%
  • 31-40 years

Votes: 130 56.8%
  • 41 years or more

Votes: 33 14.4%

Teo Twawki

Coffee ruminator
I first played (CoC) in my late teens in East Germany, but didn't really start frequent gaming until the winter of '92-'93 in Yugoslavia (T2k). But since neither of those countries exist anymore, does that mean my experience might be mythical as well?

Our immediate gaming group has a couple of people who met Christmas, 1977 playing Traveller, but it took few more chance-encounters between the two over a 15 year period (at military boarding school '84 and in Yellowstone Park '95) before they become best friends. The three of us have gamed together in some dynamic on and off since the turn of the century. Collectively, we've got about 120 years... we are all lucky enough to have gotten old. 🧓:cool:

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
All sites have tendency to self select, so that if anywhere is the domain of older people, the younger will choose to go someplace else, and vice versa.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
As expected that these forums don't jibe with the current demos of the game.
To be a little more specific, participation in the forum, as opposed to lurking/checking out the news, skews older than the general D&D population. But it‘s also an old site with lots of long-term participants as well who were up to 20 years younger when they joined (including myself). And that’s gonna bias it a bit.

Mezuka

Hero
41+ years. I started playing around 1978-79 (I was 13-14) with pull-out hex and counter wargames in a French magazine called Jeux & Statégies. I barely remember playing those.

I don't see the day I'll stop playing but I admit playing solitary games more often. I'm also collecting two-player games, as my wife is a very good gamer.

My future as an RPG GM is uncertain. I'm very tired the next day after evening games now, even with lighter systems. If I could find a group that plays in the afternoon it would be much easier for me.

fba827

Adventurer
…. That moment when you look at this poll, start doing math in your head, and remember that , wow, I’ve been doing this a really long time and I’m really old…. :ROFLMAO:
And that this thread is also old, relatively speaking as threads go….

IvyDragons

Explorer
Given the demographics of gamers in general, I'm more than a little shocked to see the high percentage of 31-40 year players. Are the younger players all on TikTok or Reddit?
Since the poll was 5 years ago, probably 80% of the users are 50+ though some may have died since the poll came out :)

All the 20-35yo are on reddit, and it has massive numbers compared to enworld, probably 500 times larger for dnd.

Tiktok is 15-20yo or 50-60yo pervs, not much in between.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases