D&D 5E How Many 5Es Can There Be?

Hussar

Legend
Nothing in Tasha's affects the PCs negatively. It's all more power (or more versatility, which is more power). What reason would players even have to object?

No? There’s a rather large number of spell rewrites in Tasha’s for example.

And it’s not like Tasha’s is power creep in any meaningful sense. A swashbuckler rogue is no more powerful than any other rogue.

Scribe

Legend

And it’s not like Tasha’s is power creep in any meaningful sense. A swashbuckler rogue is no more powerful than any other rogue.

Swashbuckler is Xanathars, along with the righteous Conquest Paladin.

Tasha's had the Twilight Cleric, which if I remember was widely claimed to be OP, as well as the Sorcerers that have more spells (Clockwork and Aberrant?).

At least I think thats right, and as such yeah Tasha's is a bit of a power boost.

Zardnaar

Legend
Swashbuckler is Xanathars, along with the righteous Conquest Paladin.

Tasha's had the Twilight Cleric, which if I remember was widely claimed to be OP, as well as the Sorcerers that have more spells (Clockwork and Aberrant?).

At least I think thats right, and as such yeah Tasha's is a bit of a power boost.

Tashas is even more if a PowerPoint tgan I thought.

They also put the Order Cleric and Eloquence bard in the same book as said Twilight cleric, peace cleric, and the Rune Knights fairly good.

We essentially have Tashas party and rocked death house in CoS comparatively easily given its reputation (4 lvl 1-2 PCs). Rune Knight, Peace Cleric/Sorcerer, Order Cleric, Swashbuckler.

Well some of them didn't have subclasses level 1/2 but Shadow touched and metamagic adept feats also used.

It's a lot of power creep imho. Twice as many spells level 2 type power creep. Which is great with Order cleric voice of authority.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast

Do any of them make the spell less powerful?

Serious question. I don't generally both with spell descriptions unless I have a PC actually taking the spell.

Hussar

Legend
My bad for the classes but yeah the point remains. 5e has seen remarkably little power creep.

I mean sure Curse of Strahd does get a bit easier when you have two clerics. Gee that’s a shock. That’s not Tasha’s that’s just players making specific characters for the campaign.

Remove ads