• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How Many Beers per Gaming Session?

How many alcoholic drinks per PC on avg. are consumed in a typical session?

• None. We don't drink & game.

Votes: 166 54.8%
  • One.

Votes: 45 14.9%
  • Two.

Votes: 33 10.9%
  • Three.

Votes: 25 8.3%
  • Four.

Votes: 19 6.3%
  • Five.

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Six.

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Seven or more. Who's counting?

Votes: 9 3.0%

Aus_Snow

First Post
With the group I'm involved in at the moment, no alcohol. With one of the others, there's usually been a bit. Maybe 3-6 each on average, but over a number of hours. Hm. . . with other configurations - again, no alcohol.

Starglim

Explorer
None in weekly sessions, partly due to past bad experiences. Now and then we have extended weekend sessions and might have one or two with a meal partway through.

RefinedBean

First Post
We have an all-dwarf, laid-back Scales of War campaign going on every other week, and we drink 1-2 beers to enhance the mood and the "dwarf-talk," so to speak.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Up to now, the only in-person (not online) games I've been in or run have been at college on campus (except for one), so no drinks. Online, one or two players have mentioned playing drunk a few times, but i don't really ask so it's hard to say.

I personally don't drink alcohol at all, ever. And if/when I get a house and DM games from it, there will be a strict no alcohol policy. As for playing at other people's places, I don't think I could tolerate playing in a game with alcohol.

[sblock]The one game I've played at someone's house had a player who seldom drank during the game but seemed to do so before coming and after leaving. My characters almost always echo my personal views on alcohol, and I ended up nearly starting a fight with this guy. My character was in a bar with the party and was "asked" to join in and drink with them. He happened to be a full of himself pretty boy sorcerer, so it felt perfectly in character to reply with something to the effect of (forgot exact words), "I am neither low nor vulgar enough to engorge myself on such foul liquid." I may have also called it a crutch/escape for the weak willed. To which said player got very angry, standing up ready to fight, taking it as a personal attack on him. The DM tried to keep things calm, saying, "He was just roleplaying, that's what his character thinks, not him. Right?" He asked, looking at me. I responded that yes, I was just roleplaying, I didn't actually think that. This was of course a lie to avoid confrontation, and the whole situation left me feeling awkward about the group.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Voted none, because it averages to below 0.5 per session, so I rounded down. ;)

Most of us actually do not drink at all, so that keeps numbers pretty low.

Bye
Thanee

darjr

I crit!
Aw crap. I thought it was a poll for how much you wish you drank at games.

I put two.

Anyway, it depends, at stores I don't imbibe, at house games, I will.

jdsivyer

First Post
Doesn't getting drunk *before* the game count? ;)

Seriously, although I don't mind the odd drink, my friends and I never drink during a gaming session. I prefer gaming sober :)

Thasmodious

First Post
Wow, a much more prudish attitude towards alcohol than I expected. My group averages about 4 beers a man, but this is a bit lopsided. Myself (DM) and one other player usually split a 12-pack and my brother will generally have 1-3, the other player doesn't generally drink. However, I recently got a kegarator in my house and the number went up for a couple weeks while the quality of play went down... We're like our characters - impressed with the new shiny, in this case - the allure of free flowing, golden draft beer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads