• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How many countries have you visited?

johnsemlak

First Post
I'm nearly at the end of my current visit to Goa, India, and I'm inspired to do a somewhat self glorifiying thread, where people can list the countries they visited, perhaps in a spirited attempt to find the person who has visited the most. That said, I'd encourage even people with relatively modest experience in this area to post :)

Anyone who has taken part in this sort of thing knows the biggest issue is what exactly counts as 'visiting a country'. So, I'll try to set some ground rules.

• You can include autonomous states that aren't fully independent, such as Monoco, Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, etc. To count as a country in this thread, the place should have either a) have it's own olympic team, b) be a member of the UN, or c) have distinct entry and visa requirements from the mother country.
  • If you visited a country that no longer exists, but existed when you visited it (e.g. East Germany), you can count it. If you visited a country that used to exist but didn't at the time you visited, you cannot count it. I.e. If you visited East Germany before 1990, you count it; if you visited teh former East Germany after 1990, you can't count it.
  • If you visited a country which didn't exist at the time you visited it, but now exists (has become independent or whatever) you can count it. For example, if you visited the Yugolsav ia before it broke up you may count nations that currently exist that you visited.
  • You may count countries that you visited in transit, even if you were only in the airport, or crossed it by train or car.
  • You may of course include your home country(s).

OK, here's my list:

USA
Canada
Iceland
Luxembourg
France
Italy
Monaco
Spain
Andorra
Belgium
Germany (West Germany at the time)
Austria
Lichtenstein
Switzerland
Ireland
Russia
Belarus
Poland
Czech Republic
Slovakia
Hungary
South Korea
Taiwan
Hong Kong (while it was a UK colony)
China
The UK
Estonia
Ukraine
Latvia
Finland
Lithuania
Croatia
Bosnia
Greece
India

Last edited:

I've only been to:
USA
Canada
India
Tiawan
Thailand
Germany
Netherlands

That's it. Take out airport stops and it's down to USA, Canada, and India.

Hopefully, we'll be successful with our plan to see the world via funding from an RPG company. :D

joe b.

cjdc1973

First Post
US, Canada, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, England, Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, Czech Republic, Austria, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium

Hmmm..

US
Canada
Mexico
Ireland
England (Scotland, Wales)
France
Monaco
Belguim
West Germany
Austria
Italy
Spain
Malasia
Thailand
Japan
Hong Kong
Singapore
Dubai
Bahrain
Greece
Austraila (Tasmainia)

Crothian

First Post
USA, Canada, UK, Scotland, British Virgin Islands, and some other islands countries....

been to a lot of states though.....

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Well I've got a pretty poor set for a UK citizen (most people will have been on holiday to a load of countries around the Med):

UK (England, Wales, Northern Ireland, but not Scotland), Republic of Ireland, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Monaco, United States.

Must get out more...

Frostmarrow

First Post
Sweden
Norway
Finland
Denmark
England
Germany
The Netherlands
Belgium
France