D&D General How many D&D groups are you currently in?

How many D&D groups are you currently in?

Votes: 7 7.0%

Votes: 35 35.0%

Votes: 28 28.0%

Votes: 19 19.0%

Votes: 5 5.0%

Votes: 4 4.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 11 or more are you kidding?

Votes: 1 1.0%

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I was running a single 5E game before Covid. Now I'm running 3 groups more or less (the original is on hiatus at the moment, though we have done some online play), and I'm playing in 2 more regularly. Apart from the original group, these are all pretty plot-light OSR style dungeon crawl type games. I'm running a 5TD & B/X hybrid (two different small groups, shared setting & some interaction between them, each weekly), and playing in an OSE (weekly) and a 1974 OD&D game (every two weeks).

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I would be able to answer the poll a lot better with "how many active campaigns are you in?". Mainly because some of my groups have lots of overlap in who attends, but meet on different nights for different campaigns with different DMs among the group.

Asking groups, I am unsure if removing one player and adding another is sufficient to be a separate group. But it's very clear it's a separate campaign.

Of course, that could get into it's own trouble as we used to play every Friday but alternate campaigns to give the DMs enough time to prep, but with the same table.

Curious why limiting it only to D&D groups, as opposed to RPG groups.

DnD Warlord

Adventurer
Pre pandemic it was 3 but right now it is 2 but with a lot of over lap...

basically not everyone from my Tuesday night game (I run) went to the virtual table (Roll20) we ended the game store game that was 1 wensday a month but 1 of those players came virtual... the saterday night game I play most of us went virtual. How ever we picked up the woman from the game store on both nights and the Saterday DM who could not make it to play Tuesday nights can virtually. We lost 2 players on Tuesday and 2 players on sayer day (4diffrent friends) but kept same number of players just a lot more over lap

ccs

41st lv DM
One at the moment.

I've got a standing invite to join a 2nd that I'm considering. So probably two come Nov.

Remove ads