Votes: 16 23.2%
  • No

Votes: 46 66.7%
  • Bland food product

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Poll closed .

Wuzzard

First Post
This discussion also opens up the possibility of other classes that are archetypes and found in literature throughout history; the shop keep, the inn keeper, the blacksmith, the wench, the village idiot (not to be confused with the jester), the old gaffer, and so on. They all deserve at least UA write ups, with appropriate abilities and combat prowess.

MechaPilot

Explorer
I am not familiar with the Jester.

However, I have ran a D&D comedy campaign before. It's a very weird thing to DM for a group where the monk is literally in pajamas and dual-wielding pillows, the fire themed mage is basically farting fire spells, and the rogue sneak attack tickles people. That said, it's also quite fun.

Moorcrys

Explorer
I'm all for it! I think it'd be an awesome subclass for the bard.

There needs to be some jester-specific bard spells like summon rubber chicken and hallucinatory poo...

BluSponge

Explorer
I built a bardic college using this as a chaise. I toned down a lot of the whimsy to make it less jokey. The core of it really plays upon the Valor Bard's ability to wound with words, plus a couple of new features (including something cribbed from 4e's "marks"). I'll post it tomorrow if I get a chance, assuming there is interest. It hasn't been tested, and it was one of my first efforts in building something with 5e, so it could be broken all ways til Sunday. But it made me happy. :)

Tom

Remove ads