How many fantasy worlds are there anyways? Post one.

Voadam

Legend
137 SpirosBlaak 2005 Green Ronin/Misfit Studios. An OGL fantasy world setting with a focus on lycanthropes, god-blooded, and early fantasy firearms development. Some later Savage Worlds development I believe.

Guang

Explorer
138 Magic the Gathering plane shift settings:
Amonkhet - Ancient Egyptian fantasy
Dominaria -
Innistrad - Dark Gothic fantasy
Ixalan - Merfolk vs. colonists
Kaladesh - Bright land of invention
Ravnica - City of guilds
Theros - Ancient Grecian fantasy
Zendikar -

Voadam

Legend
140 Judge Dredd 1977 2000 AD comics 1985 for first RPG. Dystopian facist future overpopulated partly post-apocalyptic earth with psychics, mutants, and zombies. RPGs have used a house system, a d20 version, Traveller vesion, and a WOIN version.

aramis erak

Legend
140 Judge Dredd 1977 2000 AD comics 1985 for first RPG. Dystopian facist future overpopulated partly post-apocalyptic earth with psychics, mutants, and zombies. RPGs have used a house system, a d20 version, Traveller vesion, and a WOIN version.
that "house system" was directly comparable to WFRP in practice.

142. Earthdawn - (1993) FASA. The world of Barsaive, a just post-apocalytpic setting where the Horrors have only just left the world and survivors crawl out of the caves they were hiding in. Used the same rules engine as Shadowrun (mostly). Rumors abounded that Barsaive was Earth, just in the Seventh Age rather than the Sixth.

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
61. Nyambe - d20 African setting published by Atlas Games
Heh...that project was also the first time I've ever been published!

I'd like to add:

142. The Seas of Vodari by Tribality Games.

1647483663763.png
1647483708851.png

Remove ads