How many fantasy worlds are there anyways? Post one.

Mezuka

Hero
12. Ars Magica is a role-playing game set in 'Mythic Europe' - a historically grounded version of Europeand the Levant around AD 1200, with the added conceit that conceptions of the world prevalent in folklore and institutions of the High Middle Ages are factual reality (a situation known informally as the 'medieval paradigm'). The players' involvement revolves around an organization of magi and their allies and foes both mundane[2] and supernatural. The game was originally developed by Jonathan Tweet and Mark Rein-Hagen, with its first edition published in 1987.[3]

16. Grailquest. JH Brennan (1984) . If Pendragon is the serious version, this is the tongue-in-cheek version of Arthurian myth. Still, it's got some seriously dark locations and pictures through its 8 choose your own adventure gamebooks.

This is also where I learned how Merlin has a fixation with strange living spaces.

Last edited:

18. Titan (1982) - Fighting Fantasy
Started by Steve Jackson (not that one, that one) and (Sir) Ian Livingstone, this is a fantasy world built in choose your own adventures that was eventually created an rpg and even had a few of the books turned into d20 modules.

It's a pretty amazing world considering how much of it was thrown together.

Hex08

Hero
19. The Diamond Throne. Malhavoc Press (2003), Monte Cook's old gaming company. It was the gaming world for his variant player's handbook, Arcana Unearthed (and later Arcana Evolved) for the D&D 3.x system. I really loved this world because it was influenced, in part, by my favorite fantasy novels, The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. Many of the races and classes were influenced by the inhabitants of The Land (the setting of the novels).

20. Yrth (1986) - GURPS
Done by Steve Jackson (that one, not that one), it's kinda an original fantasy world where a lot of real world religions filtered through as they were catapulted to the world.

GURPS Fantasy - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases