How many Gaming Systems Have You Used in the Past Year?

In the past year:

• I have only been the DM for one gaming system

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • I have only been a player in game(s) using one gaming system

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have DMed one gaming system but played in others

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I have played one gaming system but DMed in others

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I have DMed multiple gaming systems and played in multiple gaming systems

Votes: 43 53.8%

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I kind of mentally lump all the d20 System-derived games I play for purposes of counting into one system (d20 Modern/Pathfinder/True20/Microlite20) because it is so easy to jump from one to the other. I'm also finding myself much more enamored of "rules lite" games (ICONS, Microlite20, Dead of Night 2e) because they better fit my lifestyle now. And every now and then I get nostalgic and crave some Old School, but even though my first regularly played RPG was 1e AD&D, I chose Labyrinth Lord as my retroclone of choice, not OSRIC.

Edit: And I answered before the poll was added.... Sorry, I misunderstood where you intended to take this thread. B-)

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Apparently I am the exception to the rule. Since 3.x was released, I have only run that system. Mind you, I only run one game at a time, these days, and have only run two campaigns since 3.x was released.

I don't think you're much of an exception - remember the self-selection inherent in the polling.

I've been running a Deadlands game. That system is by far, the bulk of my gaming. However, I've been to a couple gamedays and house-cons, and for those I actively try to play other systems. Each of those counts for several other systems.

Ahnehnois

First Post
IIRC I have DMed two: D&D (3.X) and CoC d20 and played in two: Dragon Age and CoC. (Which means I answered the poll wrong actually; chose #4 instead of 5). Outside of D&D, these are all one session each, however.

Occasionally I play or run one or two others (BSG and d20M we have done), but in general I run D&D and we only do other games or other DMs as short runs to give me a break and spice things up. This past year we've had so many unintentional breaks that my one campaign was most of the gaming we did.

was

Adventurer
done both but neither was a weekly campaign..one was every 2 weeks and the other was 1x per month

The Shaman

First Post
I am running Flashing Blades for a group and I ran Boot Hill at a con.

I played 1e AD&D and OD&D at a con and a game day, respectively.

jedavis

First Post
GM'd True20 and Mongoose Traveller last school year, played in a Trailblazer game over the summer, and will probably run another Trav game this semester (hopefully...).

SteelDraco

First Post
In the past year, I've run Pathfinder (briefly) and Savage Worlds (currently running a Deadlands game that looks like it will jump gaming groups to continue with a few players the same and some different). I've played mostly Pathfinder with a brief (two or three sessions) attempt at a GURPS Mass Effect game.

Remove ads