How Many GMs Run Multiple Games?

How many regularly meeting games are you running?

• Running no games regularly

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Running 1 game

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Running 2 games

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Running 3 games

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Running 4 games

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Running 5 or more games

Votes: 2 2.4%

TheSword

Legend
  • A Monthly Odyssey of the Dragonlords F2F
  • A Weekly Kingmaker 5e conversion Roll20
  • A fortnightly Descent into Avernus game Roll20
  • A forthrightly Rise of the Runelords/Shattered Star 5e conversion.

It’s tough at times but a mix of ‘straight’ published campaigns and 5e conversions helps with time keeping.

Retreater

Legend
I'm switching between 2 5E games and 1 in PF2, so that's very confusing. I upped the amount of gaming I was doing at the start of the pandemic, and by now it's starting to wear on me a bit. Luckily, one of the 5E games is winding down and another GM is taking over. The other 5E group will shift to a playtest of the OSR adventure I'm writing.

cmad1977

Hero
Usually only 1 at a time but for the last few months ...
3 a week!
Starting last week though 1 of the games is on Hiatus while it’s under construction.

1 is my 2nd time running Curse of Strahd so I have some familiarity with the adventure(though things have panned out differently than with the first group)

The third game is kind of an introductory adventure using the Wildemount guide as a setting. Since this one has some newish players I’m leaning on prefab locations.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I am currently running nothing regularly - but that's a covid thing. I usually have at least one, often two, things I run regularly.

R_J_K75

Legend
I only run or play in 1 game at a time usually. I have a hard time keeping players together for a regular game for more than a few years. People come and go from time to time, we'll take a break for awhile, but when we do start playing again its usually from the same group of people give or take. Last Wednesday out of nowhere I got a phone call from someone I used to play with years ago, probably been 5 years since I'd talked to them. As I currently wasn't playing or running anything I asked them if they wanted to play, and I got 5 other players together so I started working on a D&D 5E adventure for this coming Friday.

Remove ads