D&D 5E How many rounds of combat is too much?

I actually find myself drawing a lot of inspiration from video games, especially in regards to level design, and encounter design. I'm often taking a lot of ideas from cool boss battles from games that I've played, and putting those design ideas into my campaigns.

My own experience with level design for video games also informs a lot of my dungeon designs.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I actually find myself drawing a lot of inspiration from video games, especially in regards to level design, and encounter design. I'm often taking a lot of ideas from cool boss battles from games that I've played, and putting those design ideas into my campaigns.

My own experience with level design for video games also informs a lot of my dungeon designs.

Did you read the Angry GM's Megadungeon article where he talks about using video games for inspiration? I found it quite illuminating. I don't play much anymore. The move to 3D left me and my motion sickness behind.

Did you read the Angry GM's Megadungeon article where he talks about using video games for inspiration? I found it quite illuminating. I don't play much anymore. The move to 3D left me and my motion sickness behind.

I did, it was a good article.

As for motion sickness, I'm told that playing around with the FOV-settings can often reduce these issues for a lot of people that experience motion sickness in 3d games.

Remove ads