How many tabletop roleplaying games did you play in 2011?

How many ttrpgs did yo play in 2011?

• Zero

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • One

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • 2-5

Votes: 67 66.3%
  • 6-10

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • > 10

Votes: 6 5.9%

Aramax

First Post
I played 4th,Pathfider,Gurps and V&V,all face to face,all I dmed except,for I played about 3 games of Pathfinder

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
How is this as a campaign? I've flipped through the book on that but wanted to hear from someone who has played it that way.

It is obviously lacking in RP (aside from joking that we are the monsters that killed and ate the original heroes assigned to stop the big bad.)
Yeti, Vampire, Orc and a human barbarian.
Not alot of room for character development in a tactical boardgame. Usually 2 of the 4 characters gain a new skill/weapon that changes the way the character plays each session.

We average 1 dungeon, one wandering/lieutenant fight per session. (4-5 hrs)
with at least one training/town visit. This is where the characters advance, or buy better equipment.

The campaign is more fun than a single session, I prolly would not have played 5 sessions of the original game. We play Descent when the DM can't make it to the regular game. (and also cause one of my friends bought all the expansions, and wanted to use them) I prefer D&D.

How many of the expansions does your group use for it?
most of them? I know we play at least 4 but it might be 5. The campaign "road to legend" was the 2nd to last set released, and pulls from all the sets before it. It can be played with less, but the DM would have to modify the dungeons. On the player side the "Tomb of Ice" expansion has made the most obvious improvement.

Last edited:

Dice4Hire

First Post
Well, I played D&D, as usual.

Well, mostly.

I played 3.5 and 4E this year in several games

I ran Deadlands, 4E, 3.5E and some 1E Labyrinth Lord also.

Not much more I wanted to try but maybe some superheroes.

grodog

Hero
For my part, I played four different games this year: my Flashing Blades campaign, OD&D at a game day, and Boot Hill and 1e AD&D at a con, all face-to-face.

Four for me too: AD&D, Boot Hill, Metamorphosis Alpha, and Adventurer Conqueror King. All at at cons, with AD&D being our mainstay campaign.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Hmm, let's see...

I started running an AD&D campaign a few weeks ago (3 sessions so far)
I have run a D&D 4E Greyhawk campaign all year (about 20 sessions)
I ran a D&D 4E HPE campaign to its conclusion (about 18 sessions this year)
I ran a few sessions of Call of Cthulhu (about 6)
I ran a lot of D&D 4E Encounters sessions (over 20)
I ran a few D&D 4E Lair Assault sessions (about 4)
I ran a session of Amber Diceless Roleplaying
I played in a session of Savage Worlds
I played in quite a lot of sessions of a D&D 4E Eberron game (about 10)

So, five different systems used this year; more than normal.

Cheers!

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I said 2-5, but upon further reflection it was actually 6.

I play and run a ton of D&D 4e. That's 90% of my gaming.

I played three sessions of Pathfinder in a campaign that never really got going.

I ran a two-session game of Gamma World (the adventure that came with the box).

And at a convention in February, I played Savage Worlds, GURPS and Call of Cthulhu.

Remove ads