How much did you spend on Gaming this year. OUCH

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I have no idea of the total, I don't even know when things came out. Was mythic odyssey this year? I bought it on Dndbeyond with a great discount code and months later bought the physical book for around 60$ NZ. I've bought Tasha's on Dndbeyond, haven't even seen the physical book in NZ. Bought a few 2e PDFs off DMsGuild but otherwise not much else unless you count transportation to games. No idea how much that equals though, maybe 100$ to 150$?

Edit: Oh, I think I bought the starter set so add another 50$? to the total. I don't really bother tracking it all though. Much like going out drinking, it's all part of my discretionary spending.

aramis erak

Legend
About $1000... including video and tt games.
Dune board game and expansion $100, FLGS
Talisman Legendary Tales boardgame $20 (cover is higher) shipping included
Talisman Adventures: $70 (PDF and preorder of Print, separate.)
1870 $40
L5R5 5 books, 2×$40, 2×$20
Hyrule Warriors (new one) $50
T2K4: about $120
SG1: About $100, incl. shipping.
Lamination: $5
Dice: about $40
Gaming stones: $50
Misc PDFs and small switch games.
New controllers for the Switch: $60
Paper Mario Origami King (switch)
Chocobo's Dungeon Every Buddy Switch
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Switch.

Crusadius

Adventurer
More than I should have. I purchased most of the WFRP 4E physical products this year that aren't the core rule book, and pre-ordered 2 more, plus Age of Sigmar Soulbound. Then there are 6 kickstarters plus the additional costs from other kickstarters that delivered this year. Plus POD orders from drivethru.

I'm not going to look in case I see something unpleasant.

Did several Kickstarters ranging from virtual TTRPG's (Role) to dice molds made for ice cubes. :) Then the standard fair: books (D&D, PF, a few other games), minis and maps. A few subscriptions for gaming like Inkarnate, the mapping tool. And, as always printing costs, which are the most expensive.
So the answer? I do not know, but it seems like enough. ;)

chuckdee

Explorer
I spent more than usual, but that was purposeful. I chose to spread some money around to support small companies.

This is my motto that I also live by. I love the hobby, have excess, and love to see what people are doing. And I'm hoping to a certain extent to get favorable Karma when I launch my own project. ;)

In Patreon alone, I come up to about $600, and that's the least of my support options. Subscriptions to various services and hosting for a variety of PbEMs and the sites for the same take up a bit more than that (though I sell some server support to a couple of businesses to offset much of that cost), Kickstarter... I have a problem with that. Add other physical stuff, DTRPG, Bundle of Holding and Humble Bundles, and, yeah... it's more than I really care to think about.

And as others said, my other hobbies (mechanical keyboards mostly) are vastly more expensive.

ccs

41st lv DM
A small dragons hoard.

I built 6! full miniature wargaming armies (mostly of GW stuff) + the Battlefoam cases to transport/store each of them.
I built:
*(40k) Necrons + case
*(40k) Space Marines (new Primaris stuff) + case
*(40k) Genestealer Cult + case
*(Sigmar) Sons of Behemet (Games Workshop Giants) + case
*(Sigmar) Lumineth Realm Lords (new high elf faction) + case
*(Sigmar) an allied coalition of tree folk, good humans, & wood elves - mostly built using non-GW stuff + case
**If you know GWs prices I'll bet your wallets just cried out in fear.... But know $1800 of this has been funded by the US Govt via Covid stimulus, that with no GenCon I simply redirected all the funds already planned for that, and I did wait to order the cases until Battle Foams Thanksgiving sale. So my actual out of pocket for all this was well within my "Hobby Budget". :) The difference this year was that I had large chunks of time to sit about building & painting it....
*Another $200 went into making a gaming table for the house so some wargaming could continue with a select circle sans the local shop while everything was locked down.
*D&D was fairly cheap - 2 books + about $100 worth of misc minis
*Kickstarter - I had about $500 worth of KS stuff fund - and all but one have either arrived or are in transit right now. The other looks right on track for this summer as planned.
*I added 2 board games to the shelf, (one I bought @ $50, the other I used the Amazon pts generated by the Battle Foam order on so it was effectively "free" as I don't carry a balance on a CC)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases