• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How much do you really Roleplay and Immerse yourself in your character ?

How much do you really Roleplay and immerse yourself into your character ?

• ALL THE TIME: I enjoy playing different characters from myself. I am comfortable changing my speech

Votes: 42 24.7%
  • MOST OF THE TIME: I am comfortable playing different characters and changing voices but not all the

Votes: 72 42.4%
  • SOME OF THE TIME: I will try different roles but I am more comfortable playing myself with my own e

Votes: 48 28.2%
  • HARDLY EVER: I won't try to play different roles and will always play the same type of character or

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • NEVER: I am not comfortable roleplaying at all or I am just not too good at it. I still like gaming

Votes: 3 1.8%

tetsujin28

First Post
For me, the point is to have fun. And nothing brings the hammer down on fun quicker than the In Character Nazi. If everyone's having a blast making dumb jokes and acting like an ass, who cares?

Acquana

First Post
Hey, the In Character Nazi may be more right than you think! ;P Mostly because I know my games tend go on for soooo long that if people stay out of character too much then nothing ever gets done. -_-; I have a few players who like to get to bed before 4 am.

Well, as a player I generally stay in character when I deem it most dramatic. For most actions I just say what I'm doing. As a DM I have to use every trick I can. I have so many NPCs that if I don't find some way to make them seem different then it just looks like I'm talking to myself a lot. And answering.

I do use different voices as a DM, and a lot of it has been unconciously. My voice just automatically deepens or raises for some characters. There was the vampire who spoke in a valley-girl accent (I run a modern game), and most of the players were mortified that voice could come out of me.

My players usually note that they're speaking purely out of character by placing their fists on their heads. This we got from LARPing. ^_^;

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads