Votes: 81 32.8%
  • 55+

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • I am beyond space and time

Votes: 7 2.8%

• Poll closed .

Dhomal

Villager
I am going to be 48 at the beginning of March. I have been gaming since... wait for it.... the summer of '78. So, summer of '18 it will be 40 years.... ironically, it is the newest of three main interests of mine... the other two being comedy music, which goes back to about '75 or '76 and Lego which is between the two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using EN World mobile app

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Half of Reddit appears to be <24. And assorted polls on the /dnd subreddit show it shares the larger demographics.
Without going into an Analytics it's uncertain, but the available data suggests the average ENworlder is older than the average DnD Redditor.

What something appears to be to you isn't data, I'm afraid. That link, however, is data. We have a LOT of youngsters, and far more than we used to. :)
SaveSave

Gadget

Adventurer
What something appears to be to you isn't data, I'm afraid. That link, however, is data. We have a LOT of youngsters, and far more than we used to. :)
SaveSave

You have lots of youngsters hitting the main page, not necessarily posting on and reading the forums, unless there is more data out there then in the linked post.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Morrus dropping the hammer.

This poll could show us if younger folks are more of the lurkers or active posters though. Or just who likes to vote in polls. I like them.

That's the point. Based on the threads I am in, posters here still seem to be people who mostly started gaming in the 80s or early 90s. As has been the case since ENWorld started.

Of course, that could be a selection bias on my part, maybe there are these threads with younger people that I am ignoring. I kind of doubt it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You have lots of youngsters hitting the main page, not necessarily posting on and reading the forums, unless there is more data out there then in the linked post.

That's very true - I haven't dug down into the demographics of different parts of the site.
[MENTION=37579]Jester David[/MENTION] may well be right; I just don't think there's any evidence to support that sort of assertion beyond anecdotal impressions.

Now I wonder what category I come under with Google, am I a 43 year old hardcore gamer, gamer RPGer or technophile? :p

But it does seem the most prolific posters here are chronologically experienced, but great to see the stats from that linked thread - good news for enw and DnD/rpg

Remove ads