How old were you when you started playing D&D?

How old were you when you started playing D&D?

• 9 years or younger

Votes: 61 15.3%
  • 10-12

Votes: 152 38.0%
  • 13-15

Votes: 99 24.8%
  • 16-18

Votes: 50 12.5%
  • 19-21

Votes: 22 5.5%
  • 22-24

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • 25-27

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • 28-30

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 31 or older

Votes: 6 1.5%

IronWolf

blank
9 years old I think. Played a lot through my first, second year of college. Took a long break from the game for awhile and came back into it close to two years ago....

DethStryke

Explorer
I found the 1st edition books in a thrift store for a dollar each when I was 10 years old. The place in question had a habit of simply labeling books either 66 cents or 99 cents in wax pen so it was easy to wipe off after you got it home. I have so many DragonLance books from that store as well... I didn't pay full price for one until the 5th age came out. Boy was that a mistake...

I read the books and taught myself how to run the game, then subjected my friends and neighbors to my new obsession.

From that same store I also got at least 4 original D&D box sets, the 1st print of Dieties & Demigods, 1st print Fiend Folio, 2 dark tower sets, 3 Hero's Quest sets, and a couple of my C64 games there too. All for about a dollar each (no more than 4 bucks for the box sets/board games) I used to love to go to that store! I also used the ugly green dice from the basic set to punish players who did not remember to bring their dice to the game throughout middle school & high school. They were dubbed "the baby-s*** dice of shame" by my high school group and prompted one of the players to give everyone a set of dice for christmas.

That set I got almost 9 years ago is still my main set today. I look forward to dropping those dice for many years to come.

Kax Tuglebend

First Post
i bought a copy of.. er Dungeons & Dragons (the wide box boardgame version with a big red dragon on the cover) when i was.. 10ish i think, a year or two later i picked up the Dungeon game for 50p at a car boot sale, which we did sort of play.. (6 players at once) but we sort of altered the rules so we actually went round buying and selling the treasure rather than killing mosters and taking thier stuff.. (we may actually have hired the monsters to stop other players knicking our treasure), eventually i got round to buying AD&D2e when i was about 15 and then actually played it! :D

Neo

Explorer
I was 7 and my brother 10 going on 11 when our parents first bought us our first edition AD&D books.. i'm now 4 months shy of 32.

Remove ads