• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How old were you when you started playing D&D?

How old were you when you started playing D&D?

• 9 years or younger

Votes: 61 15.3%
  • 10-12

Votes: 152 38.0%
  • 13-15

Votes: 99 24.8%
  • 16-18

Votes: 50 12.5%
  • 19-21

Votes: 22 5.5%
  • 22-24

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • 25-27

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • 28-30

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • 31 or older

Votes: 6 1.5%

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Extrapolating from the various poles...

most EnWorlders started playing between 9-14 between 1979 and 1984, putting them between the ages of 29 and 39, or something like that.

The question for the future: how many 9-14 year olds are playing the new boxed set or the minis game, and how many will "graduate" to the full game...

warlord

First Post
I was 10 my uncle sat me and my twin down and taught how to play unfortunenately my twin drifted away after being corrupted by the media(Damn you NFL!) and i recently taught my 6 year old sister to play.

Furry

First Post
20, last year. I moved in and a all of my roommates had been playing for years. Started with 3 until we got 3.5 books, I had gotten to use Lightning bolt a few times and then they changed my baby...

That distribution is definitely skewed young. Hook 'em early is apparently a good long-term business strategy, given that the EN World population probably represents a sample of more hard-core gamers with -- I'd guess -- a higher-than-average gaming budget.

Which implies a new slogan: "D&D. Like crack, only legal!"

Remove ads