D&D 3E/3.5 How Sure Striking Works in 3.5 - Confirmed

hong

WotC's bitch
Trainz said:
Are you a member of those boards ?

Can you ask him if it will appear in other books ?

We don't play in Toril, and Sure Striking is a MUST with the aligned DR rules...
Oh, pish tosh. Just about the only must-have weapon alignment you need is good, and even then, only for the top-of-the-line demons and devils. If you need evil alignment because you're fighting solars and such, you have one seriously wacky campaign.

Basically, holy does everything you need, and does an extra 2d6 damage into the bargain. Even if you refuse to use holy for some strange reason, there's always the align weapon spell.

Trainz

Explorer
You know what Hong ?

You're absolutely right. A holy adamantium* plushthree weapon is what you need.

You cute little critter you...

* I refuse to use the term adamantine, so there.

Trainz

Explorer
On the other hand, in my last game, the PC had to run away in fear from the Marut. The darn thing was healing faster then he could harm him.

Would have been different if he had the rightly aligned weapon though...

hong

WotC's bitch
Trainz said:
On the other hand, in my last game, the PC had to run away in fear from the Marut. The darn thing was healing faster then he could harm him.
I would hazard a guess that the occasions that you fight things with lawful or chaotic DR are few and far between. They certainly are for the campaigns I'm in, anyway; and the number of such creatures in the MM is tiny compared to those with good DR.

Would have been different if he had the rightly aligned weapon though...
Align weapon spell. You do have access to a non-lawful cleric if you're fighting inevitables, yes?

Remove ads