• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Howling Night: Temple of Hinotheus

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan stands, mouth agape, as Daylily reacts to the cleaning. Then he stands like that a minute more. He looks to each of the others, opening his mouth as if to speak, then closing it and turning to the next person, before finally looking back to Daylily, shaking his head and saying, "I ... apologize, Daylily." He seems ready to say more, then thinks better of it. He turns to the others, only partially succeeding in his bid to pretend the last minute or so hasn't happened.

"Other than their routes, names, and descriptions, anyone have anything else they want to know. Afraid I don't know any tracking magics, so I'm hoping someone can do the more mundane version?"

OOC: For the record, Daylily is rather made of win as far as I'm concerned at the moment. :D

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn rubs his chin thoughtfully. "How interesting, a new criminal organization, potent new drugs, and missing holy men. Sounds like a fine way to spend a WAUGH!"
Daylily's destructive flight caught him off guard and when the barbarian attempted to vault the pews Tahn had to dive to the floor to avoid being clipped by his flailing arms. He climbs back to his feet and moves away from the rampage. He does his best to stifle his laughter at Daylilys antics, believing Nathan's magic to be a prank on the foreigner.

"I've found tracking magics to be less reliable than the mundane tactics. I have some skill at talking people into giving up their secrets. Another option would be the purchase of a hound of some kind. It may be able to sniff out a pesh stash."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Darreo - human male crossbowman 2

Watching the crazied barbarian try and avert the magical cleaning puts Darreo a little on edge. He wonders as to what would happen if he actually got accidentally dumped into a bath tub of clean, soapy water? :erm:

"Besides a detailed description of the men and their gear the route they were patrolling will be of great help. We just follow along the same way and see if we come across anything interesting. If we are lucky we will come across these 'pesh-head' Kraken members and put an end to their little business." The man says pulling his crossbow up to his lap.

He reaches in his pack and pulls out a round stock of bolts. He lifts the crossbow up and it looks like he breaks it in half. The front now sits up ninety degrees from the stock. Darreo expertly slips the round bolt case up against the stock and then snaps the front end back down.

Pulling a small lever the round bolt case spins and the strings click back into place. "When it's time to go I'll be ready." he says with a small grin.

SJRSamurai

First Post
[sblock=occ]Moving things along[/sblock]

The cleric's disapproving frown turns to a slight smirk at Daylily's antics, he then goes inside a side door and reappears a few minutes later with stacks of paper. Putting them down on the altar he turns towards you:"That's all that we have, this new Pesh has a way of making people violent as if creating rage in it's user, it seems to be able to augment physical strenght and hardness for a short duration but at terrible cost to both mind and body." says the cleric in a sad tone.

"Our three missing men are Mercussio, Laurenzo and Romeo. All three are Venza natives as is customary within our clergy we leave our family names behind but you should have no problem recognizing them with their garb. Both Mercussio and Laurenzo are neophytes, they had just finished their training, Romeo was a more seasoned member of the church which makes me nervous." says Marius.

He looks to you:"Any more questions or information you require?."

jkason

First Post

Nathan snaps out of his bath-rage bemusement to turn back to their host. "That certainly looks thorough," he says eyeing the stack of paper. "Just one more thing: when we meet your men, who shall we say has sent us?" the sorcerer asks with the hint of a smile, raising his eyebrow.

OOC: I just now realized we never asked his name. :)

jkason

First Post

Nathan bows slightly. "A pleasure, Marius. Nathan Tchanlach." He turns to the others to see if they have any more questions, and if they do not, he lifts the papers from the table, saying, "Alrighty, then. We'll just be reviewing and finding missing priests."

"Away from the scary burning dog temple," he adds under his breath.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Back to the Dunn Wright?" Darreo asks standing. With a nod to Marius he adds "We will find your men for you."

"Maybe a little planning before rushing off? I know a full belly wouldn't go amiss."

[sblock=OOC] We can discuss in this thread but a post by the DM telling of the group wondering in and heading to the back room in both this thread and the Tavern thread would keep the living aspect alive I believe. [/sblock]

SJRSamurai

First Post
[sblock=occ] very well, I'll do that but I'll give the others until tomorrow to post something before moving along to the tavern, should give a chance for IVV to interact shortly with his new character [/sblock]

Remove ads