Humans through the Ages

User_Undefined

First Post
I was browsing through the N.O.W. playtest document and decided to take a look at how the humans compared in O.L.D., N.O.W., and N.E.W. I'm using the October version of OLD, the August version of NEW, and the January version of NOW. Based on the three, it seems that the O.L.D. humans are the mechanically best choice because while all humans get +2 LUC, OLD gives +1 to two other attributes of the players choice (compared to +1 CHI and +1 to any in NOW and -2 PSI and +1 to any in NEW). In addition, OLD humans get an extra skill (4 total instead of 3). The biggest reason I bring this up is because all three systems should be able to work together nicely, and while I understand that humans are diverse, the only reason I can think of to not play an OLD human is if there's a specific skill bonus I want (engineering is a NEW human skill, dungeoneering is OLD) which is a really weak reason. Personally, I'd like the OLD humans (+2 LUC, 2 free-floating attribute points, an extra skill, +1d6 vs. non-humans, 100 bonus xp on finding new lands) to last through NOW and NEW with maybe some skill choice changes to reflect the times.

Remove ads