Hurricane Katrina fundraiser: 100% of all profits going to victims

D_Sinclair

Banned
Banned
Dr Awkward said:
Awesome. I'll get those up on the site, too!

If anyone knows of some that I haven't added to the site (BeQuest) yet, please let me know so I can help spread the word!

- DocAwk

Ahem, to quote my boss... "What kind of cheapskate skinflint do they think I am? August to September is not five months! Get it fixed!" Ugh.

To make a correction, Alternate Realities Publications did not simply pledge 50% of all sales from August through December, 2005, but has already made the donation based on estimates of sales and growth for the next five months. What the company has pledged is 50% of any sales exceeding that estimate, plus the additional matching funds.

DerianCypher

First Post
I know the previous companies mentioned have been gaming companies but I figured I'd mention that the electronics retailer Best Buy is accepting donations at their stores. They've already donated $1 million, and they're matching any donations collected up to another $1 million.

I figured I'd plug them so those who want can make their money go a bit farther.

DC

Dr Awkward

First Post
D_Sinclair said:
Ahem, to quote my boss... "What kind of cheapskate skinflint do they think I am? August to September is not five months! Get it fixed!" Ugh.

To make a correction, Alternate Realities Publications did not simply pledge 50% of all sales from August through December, 2005, but has already made the donation based on estimates of sales and growth for the next five months. What the company has pledged is 50% of any sales exceeding that estimate, plus the additional matching funds.

Oops! Slip of the keys there, I'm afraid. I've been typing the word "September" so much that it comes out without trying now... :)

I'll see if I can get it patched while I'm at work today - if not, it'll be when I get home tonight.

(And for the record, donating 50% of your August & September sales is hardly being a cheapskate skinflint. Your donation is much better, of course, but still...)

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
D_Sinclair said:

That's really awesome! What a generous donation.

I'd also be curious to see how much each company can raise in funds.

Remove ads