Hybrid Exercise Ideas

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Rogue/anything using weapons is pretty awful because the hybrid backstab only applies to rogue powers, and you limit yourself to using low-damage weapons for every non-rogue power (or you have to juggle weapons whenever you use rogue/nonrogue powers)

Last edited:

keterys

First Post
Rogues can use any 1h blade with a feat, so it's not actually that bad.

Some early contenders:
Human Bard/Barbarian
Dragonborn Paladin/Sorcerer
Half-Orc Monk/Warden
(Deva or Shardmind I'm guessing) Cleric/Invoker

keterys

First Post
Yeah, that's why I suggested getting that feat, so you could just use any blade.

Lessee...
Versatile Duelist
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Rogue
Benefit: You gain proficiency with all one-handed, military heavy blades. If a rogue power requires you to wield a light blade, you can use that power with a one-handed heavy blade and can also deal your Sneak Attack damage while using a one-handed heavy blade with that power.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Some of my fave Hybrid combos:

1. Avenger/Battlemind (this was the closest I could come to generating the same kind of effects as a polearm-using Monk/PsiWar I ran in 3.5)
  2. Sorcerer/Warlord (this was the closest I could come to generating the same kind of effects as a "Mage-Brute" armored Sorcerer w/Draconic Breath powers I ran in 3.5)
  3. Bard/Seeker
  4. Runepriest/Warlock
  5. Ardent/Paladin
  6. Battlemind/Infernal Warlock (a combo I've used for Hellbox- see post #37, a Warforged created to be the living gateway to Hell...but rebelled)
  7. Shaman/Warden

Last edited:

keterys

First Post
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out whether I want to be a Battlemind/Infernalock or Swordmage/Infernalock with a character I'm making soon for another game, too :)

Angellis_ater

First Post
I have to recommend the Vestige-lock for those of you wanting to hybrid. Very good for what it does - awesome powers, more than one Close Blast/Burst power as well.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
My favourite Hybrid option that I'd statted out up to 10th level was, for the sake of argument, what I called "Jedi Knight" :)

I've only got PHB1, but essentially it is a Fighter/Wizard hybrid.

At-Wills are Thunderwave (aka force push) and Cleave (or Reaping Strike).

At-Will "Mage Hand" becomes the lightweight, low power telekinises used by jedi all the time to push buttons, lift small objects etc.

I don't have my notes handy, but other powers were all taken to fit in with the 'Jedi Knight/Force User' theme.

Cheers

Kingreaper

Adventurer
Well, it's mostly bad because (assuming you intend to use the two side of your hybridness evenly), you miss out on the major class feature you get from your rogue half 50% of the time.

Or, you use rogue powers when you have combat advantage and non-rogue powers when you don't.

Means you can put less effort into getting CA, but still benefit from it when you do.

interwyrm

First Post
Avenger/Wizard
Swordmage/Artificer
Paladin/Warlock
Warlord/Seeker

Avenger/Wizard has good stat synergy and some nice versatility with ranged AOEs and melee single target. At paragon, probably take favored soul to fly while dropping wizard bombs, and then dive into melee when it's down to one or two enemies.

Swordmage/Artificer is a proven concept. (Sigil cartificer on charop boards).

Madness Paladin/Starlock can drop huge single target to-hit penalties with enfeebling strike and a few extra feats. Fun RP possibilities there too.

Warlord/Seeker also has good stat synergy (str/wis). I know seeker isn't a popular class, but it has some decent powers and loses very little by hybriding.

Remove ads