Hype train, cho cho chooo

vagabundo

Adventurer
Come in here and get on the hype train. I love new editions.

Took me a while to realise where the party was at..

What are you most hyped about this time around?

Myself, I'm hyped I signed up to the play test.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
That it might actually work!

Faster, cleaner, more DM friendly, all the options players are addicted to, support for different D&D variants...and everyone loves it.

Kinda challenging.

AeroDm

First Post
New editions bring with them lots of stuff to get hyped about. New art, new ideas, energy in the community (in all honesty, reading flamewars is sort of fun so long as you don't get sucked into them), and a company dumping millions of dollars in a short period of time to get you interested and motivated. All wins for the consumer, even if you don't end up playing the edition.

BriarMonkey

First Post
I'm hoping that there will be lots of swag at GenCon. After all, good swag will get one's attention much better than bad, or no, swag.

Wormwood

Adventurer
If they could go ++essentials then I'd be thrilled. Having an 'advanced/player's-option' silo for the char-op types would be fine, but a core game that was simple, clean and playable without dozens of feats and synergy bonuses to manage would be perfection.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I'm hyped about the prospect that, if they hit their target, I can play a game that takes all the best elements from each prior edition. The best part will be that, again if they hit their target, what those elements are can change from table to table.

Roland55

First Post
The sheer chutzpah of it all.

The One D&D.

Just think about that. Is it even possible -- even in theory?

I love that they're going to try.

Remove ads