• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I admit it...

Gellion

First Post
Moleculo said:
anyone playing final fantasy 11?

coughlvl10whitemageonifritcough

My older brother bought it yesterday. There is one thing i am angry about though.

IT HAS #@$#$$#$@ ELVES IN IT!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!! THEY HAVE TAINTED THE NAME OF FINAL FANTASY.

Yes, i know they are called Elvaans, but they are the same thing.

THEY SHALL PAY IN BLOOD AND PAIN!!!!!! THEY SHALL PAY IN BLOOD AND PAIN!!!!!! THEY SHALL PAY IN BLOOD AND PAIN!!!!!!!!

Gellion

First Post
Xeriar said:
Really? It takes some thought but it can be quite powerful.

Especially for roleplaying scenes, various gentle or haunting tunes can work very well.

Well, it is good to know that some people like it. :)

DMauricio

First Post
hong said:
I want my PnP games to have the free-flowing violence of Diablo, the moral complexity of Planescape: Torment, and the intricate plotting of Final Fantasy. I also wouldn't mind the stylish flair of Jade Empire, even if it isn't out yet.

Aside from the Jade Empire bits, you should join in my game then... pity I have been on hiatus as a GM.

D.

Xeriar

First Post
Gellion said:
My older brother bought it yesterday. There is one thing i am angry about though.

IT HAS #@$#$$#$@ ELVES IN IT!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHH!!!!! THEY HAVE TAINTED THE NAME OF FINAL FANTASY.

Yes, i know they are called Elvaans, but they are the same thing.

THEY SHALL PAY IN BLOOD AND PAIN!!!!!! THEY SHALL PAY IN BLOOD AND PAIN!!!!!! THEY SHALL PAY IN BLOOD AND PAIN!!!!!!!!

Ever play the original Final Fantasy for the NES :p

ThoughtBubble

First Post
Henry said:
I'll go so far as to espouse that even average DM's are better than any computer game yet on the market. I've had DM's whose starting premises were even wilder than Planescape's - the party were all "golden children" (all 18's for stats) with various power groups hounding us to death (literally) - with a very good plotline behind the why of our existance. But most DM's don't allow it because they want all the players to have equal "star time" and making one a "sole immortal" would not be as fun for the rest (Games like Eden's Buffy the Vampire Slayer notwithstanding).

I'll contest you on the average DM bit. The best games on the market wrap me up in a world and don't let go. They wait for my actions. And if they're a bit limited, it's more than matched up by the fact that the average DM still has to contend with 3 other players going for his time and effort. Now, an average DM, with 3 average players, and one above average player, that I can see moving into the realm of being as good. But the game makes it easy. The world is there. The choices are there. The characters are there. And everything's there for a reason. Even with a great DM, it's still criminally easy for a bad, reluctant, or even unimaginative player to reduce the enjoyment of the game.

That said, a great DM probablly knows how to avoid those bad players. And any P&P RPG brings that group dynamic into play. No game has that.

Remove ads