I already feel sorry for my players.

comareddin

First Post
I am almost finished with creating my gestalt arcane archer. 16th level guy with all archery feats, full BAB, and full spellcasting is just plain mean. By the way he is half fiendish and he rides Vilespike (Blackdirge's super duper monster, it is the first one). Man are my players gonna run for their lives when they see this. :]

Com

comareddin

First Post
The thing is my group was going to consist of 2, at most 3 players. So I would challenge them with normal guys. 7 more players wanted to play and I accepter now I have one 4 player one 5 player group. I decided to throw nasties at my party. By the way this my creation has a combined challenge rating of 20.

Com

Conaill

First Post
And what is the point of this? Apart from the obvious satisfaction you seem to get from putting them in an unwinnable situation, or course...

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Originally posted by Abstraction
What the heck is it with gestalt these days?

What do you have against Gestalt? My group uses it occasionally and it's a neat idea because it gives us many more options [albeit more power comes with that, usually].

Sejs

First Post
Abstraction said:
What the heck is it with gestalt these days?
Dog_Moon2003 said:
What do you have against Gestalt? My group uses it occasionally and it's a neat idea because it gives us many more options [albeit more power comes with that, usually].

Allow me to field this one.

It's because gestalt is the new black amongst the Mind-Is-Bigger crowd.

Before it was epic, now it's gestalt. Or if you really like, epic gestalt. There're always those who like to slap together whatever conglomeration of parts and say "Look at how impressive my Big Thing is! Be suitably awed by its awesomeness and hugeitude! I'm so rad."

So for these folks, gestalt is just another way to add a couple of inches.

The thing it, this is the internet. Nobody really inherrently cares how big someone's thing is, because without something to back it up they're just numbers on a page. Numbers on a page arn't impressive, and frankly never will be.

*shrug*

Remove ads