I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

Voss

First Post
Family said:
I'm hoping the deadly trickster ends up like Jack Sparrow at the end of the 3rd movie.

I'm not sure that 'completely crazy', 'compulsively treacherous' and 'indeterminable sexuality' are really useful and appropriate epic destiny features

jelmore

First Post
So that means we have all 8 power sources that WotC said they were looking at, right?

Arcane
Divine
Elemental
Ki
Martial
Primal
Psionic
Shadow

Plus, the unofficial ninth power source: Ignorance

Family

First Post
Voss said:
I'm not sure that 'completely crazy', 'compulsively treacherous' and 'indeterminable sexuality' are really useful and appropriate epic destiny features

Disagree.

And you forgot looking for a good drink ;)

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Having just looked over the Deadly Trickster it seems to have a favored by fortune flavor. They get an ability which lets them force the DM to roll a 1 with no chance to reroll as well as a Daily Utility that recovers all HP, healing surges, automatically save against all effect on them, plus recover either all their encounter powers or all other daily powers.

Voss

First Post
I am a bit confused by the elemental power source. The wizard already throws energy around. Also, to one extent or another, can most of the other arcane or divine casters. Primal will probably get in on that action to. So whats the point of this one?

proto128

First Post
RandomCitizenX said:
Having just looked over the Deadly Trickster it seems to have a favored by fortune flavor. They get an ability which lets them force the DM to roll a 1 with no chance to reroll as well as a Daily Utility that recovers all HP, healing surges, automatically save against all effect on them, plus recover either all their encounter powers or all other daily powers.

FRY: Hey watch out!
(Zoidberg eats him.)
ZOIDBERG: Uh oh!
LEELA: Oh my god, he ate Fry! Fry is dead!
(Fry slides up behind them.)
FRY: It's OK, I had another guy!
(Everyone cheers.)

Voss

First Post
RandomCitizenX said:

Wow... thats, uh, well, so much better than the Archmage utility. In every single way. You sure it does all of that? Because getting one daily power back as a standard action doesn't even measure against that. At all

Knight Otu

First Post
Voss said:
I am a bit confused by the elemental power source. The wizard already throws energy around. Also, to one extent or another, can most of the other arcane or divine casters. Primal will probably get in on that action to. So whats the point of this one?
Primal probably less so (it seems to have more of a shapeshifting/weather focus), and Divine seems to be more of a Radiant/Necrotic focus. Still, it seems quite odd, also having both Martial and Ki. Is there some hint at the flavors of the power sources?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Amy Kou'ai said:
My question:

Are they cool enough that we won't need to worry about the limited number of epic destinies being tedious for awhile?
Actually, I am almost sure it was a hard decision after they ran out of space.

Incidentally, I merged this thread with Jedrious's. I figured they will fit together nicely.

Who did you guys order your books from?

Remove ads