• COMING SOON! -- The Awfully Cheerful Engine on Kickstarter! An action comedy RPG inspired by cheerful tabletop games of the 80s! With a foreword by Sandy 'Ghostbusters' Petersen, and VTT support!
log in or register to remove this ad

 

I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

VBMEW-01

First Post
Thanks, I almost figured there wouldn't be much crunch in size this go around (its all hidden in the other stats, I'd imagine)
 

log in or register to remove this ad

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Drakhar said:
I'm planning on playing a Dragonborn for my first character so I've got a few questions on them. For starters there were rumors floating around that DB's could possibly fly at some point? Also what stats are you able to pick to add to the DB's Breath weapon?

You choose between Str, Dex, and Con... no sign of flight.


Size runs Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Huge, and Gargantuan

Star Pact lets you get a +1 bonus for each cursed creature you kill on the next turn. Infernal gives you temp HP equal to your level. All pacts get Prime Shot and Shadow Walk. Warlocks can also use rods and wands as implements.
 

The_Fan

First Post
RandomCitizenX said:
You choose between Str, Dex, and Con... no sign of flight.


Size runs Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, Huge, and Gargantuan

Star Pact lets you get a +1 bonus for each cursed creature you kill on the next turn. Infernal gives you temp HP equal to your level. All pacts get Prime Shot and Shadow Walk. Warlocks can also use rods and wands as implements.
%$#@! Q'bert is angry!

My poor colossal will never see use... :(
 


DerekSTheRed

Explorer
Can you feint in combat and if so how does it work? If you have time could you list the special maneuvers in the combat chapter like grapple, trip, disarm etc.

Derek
 


RandomCitizenX

First Post
The_Fan said:
%$#@! Q'bert is angry!

My poor colossal will never see use... :(

Gargantuan now covers bigger creatures as well, so there is hope yet


Bastard swords are versatile superior weapons, so you will need to take a weapon proficiency feat to wield them it seems

Also just found a chart for weapon damage scale based on size.
 

Family

First Post
The_Fan said:
My poor colossal will never see use... :(
By section 12, subsection A, paragraph vi of the regulations I am mandated authorized compelled and obliged to make the following remarks.

1: Your statement is redundant to be posting on a D&D message board.
2: The term "colossal" is under question. ;)
 

Voss

First Post
Ah, a useful question:

the point buy system-
Starting points, cost for each score, 'typical' number of points you get to spend.

Please and thank you.
 

Nahat Anoj

First Post
For the love of Pete, what do Gnomes and Orcs get?? As PC races, of course. (I've asked this question, like, three times on various fora ;) )

Is there an Aasimar/Celestial race in the MM?
 


Knight Otu

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Yes it will. "Gargantuan" basically includes "..and up." :)
Like the old colossal, then. And Tiny includes "... and down, if you really need those?" With size being deempha-sized, it makes sense to shave off some size categories.
 

andarilhor

First Post
I Think my question get lost in thread:

The 1st level wizard starts with two daily spells, and I want to know if they continue to receive two dailies and two utilities instead of one in higher levels, or they receive only one of each but can wider his abilities finding then in scrolls and spellbooks?

Thanks for all your answering!
 


RandomCitizenX

First Post
Voss said:
Ah, a useful question:

the point buy system-
Starting points, cost for each score, 'typical' number of points you get to spend.

Please and thank you.

you start with 8, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 and buy up from their with 22 points. It starts on point for point basis until you get to 14, then it is 2 points for one ability point until you get to 17 when it jumps to 3 points.

To get from 10 to 18 is 16 points

Orcs get a bonus to Str and Con, and their racial power is an encounter attack that lets you regain a healing surge. They also gain an additional 2 move on a charge.

Gnomes get a bonus in Int and Cha, and their racial power is an encounter reaction that makes them invisible until they attack or the end of their next turn. They can also get a free stealth check if they have cover or concelment when they make an initiative check.
 

Voss

First Post
RandomCitizenX said:
you start with 8, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 and buy up from their with 22 points. It starts on point for point basis until you get to 14, then it is 2 points for one ability point until you get to 17 when it jumps to 3 points.

To get from 10 to 18 is 16 points

Orcs get a bonus to Str and Con, and their racial power is an encounter attack that lets you regain a healing surge. They also gain an additional 2 move on a charge.

Ta, I appreciate it. It actually works out for the KotS characters and the tiefling warlord, which is good.
Wouldn't 18 be 15 points?
1 (11) + 1 (12) + 1 (13) + 2 (14) + 2(15) + 2(16) + 3 (17) +3 (18) =15


Orcs sound potentially interesting. Good fighters and warlords, not bad at clerics and paladins, depending on the powers you pick.
 
Last edited:

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Amy Kou'ai said:
Wait, rods? What?

Mind telling us about arcane implements and the wizard implement paths?

Wizards get to pick between staff, wand, and orb as implement mastery. Which one you pick gives you access to a different set of effects you can use when you have that implement. For example, the Orb implement let's you either inflict a penalty on the next saving throw of a creature you hit with an ongoing effect or increase the duration of one of the at-wills by a turn.


The spell book allows wizards to pick two known dailies and utilities every time they gain should normally gain one. You can't prepare the same spell twice. If you swap a spell for another using the retraining option the spell is lost from your spell book as well.
 

Nahat Anoj

First Post
RandomCitizenX said:
Orcs get a bonus to Str and Con, and their racial power is an encounter attack that lets you regain a healing surge. They also gain an additional 2 move on a charge.

Gnomes get a bonus in Int and Cha, and their racial power is an encounter reaction that makes them invisible until they attack or the end of their next turn. They can also get a free stealth check if they have cover or concelment when they make an initiative check.
Thanks!
 

DerekSTheRed

Explorer
Voss said:
Ta, I appreciate it. It actually works out for the KotS characters and the tiefling warlord, which is good.
Wouldn't 18 be 15 points?
1 (11) + 1 (12) + 1 (13) + 2 (14) + 2(15) + 2(16) + 3 (17) +3 (18) =15

If it works like 3E then going from 13 to 14 is still one point. That means going from 10 to 18 is worth 14 points but going from 8 to 18 is 16.

Derek
 

RandomCitizenX

First Post
Voss said:
Ta, I appreciate it. It actually works out for the KotS characters and the tiefling warlord, which is good.
Wouldn't 18 be 15 points?
1 (11) + 1 (12) + 1 (13) + 2 (14) + 2(15) + 2(16) + 3 (17) +3 (18) =15


Orcs sound potentially interesting. Good fighters and warlords, not bad at clerics and paladins, depending on the powers you pick.

Just checked it again, and you are right. It should be +4 to get to the 18.
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top