• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I finally found a use for the Eladrin Longsword Proficiency!

Seolfor

First Post
Wait - if i am wielding Longswords as an Eladrin or Hammers as a Dwarf AND have the respective feat that gives me a +2 to damage ....

Then, if a power says 3[W] in its damage - isnt it (d8+2)x3 or 3d8+6 and NOT 3d8+2?

FadedC

First Post
Wait - if i am wielding Longswords as an Eladrin or Hammers as a Dwarf AND have the respective feat that gives me a +2 to damage ....

Then, if a power says 3[W] in its damage - isnt it (d8+2)x3 or 3d8+6 and NOT 3d8+2?

Nope, it doesn't increase the base weapon damage, it's just a feat bonus to damage. Those get added in at the end.

Gloombunny

First Post
As Faded says, [W] is the damage dice from the weapon and nothing else. Bonuses from feats, other powers, items, etc, are not part of the [W]. See page 276 of the PHB.

This is, incidentally, why bastard swords are better than longswords even for eladrin, at least once you've gotten a few levels under your belt and aren't hurting for feats.

Remove ads