• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E I Found an RPG Book at the Grocery Store

DragonBelow

Adventurer
I have a couple of their books: the GM's book of legendary dragons, and GM's book of astonishing random tables. The former is great for dragon based campaigns, or high level dragon boss fights. I just bought the one about random tables, so I won't provide feedback yet, but it looks choke full of inspiration. Decent looking, useful books on the affordable side.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I have a couple of their books: the GM's book of legendary dragons, and GM's book of astonishing random tables. The former is great for dragon based campaigns, or high level dragon boss fights. I just bought the one about random tables, so I won't provide feedback yet, but it looks choke full of inspiration. Decent looking, useful books on the affordable side.
I'd seen them on the best-seller lists for Amazon, but bow I'm intrigued to give then more of a go.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, I found a listing for ordering this magazine edition ("Adventure Location Edition "), if anyone is curious, these are the product details:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Doubtful, Safeway is part of a big corporate conglomerate.
Safeway isn't a regional grocery store -- it's one of the biggest chains in America and its corporate parent owns many of the grocery store chains in the country as well. (Grocery stores are going down the same monopolistic road that banks, media companies and other industries are going down in a hurry.)

Good on the author for figuring out how to get into standard book trade distribution channels, rather than just relying on the game trade distribution channels.

Also, Safeway (and its sister stores) have great generic foods, including fantastic soups and salsas.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Safeway isn't a regional grocery store -- it's one of the biggest chains in America and its corporate parent owns many of the grocery store chains in the country as well. (Grocery stores are going down the same monopolistic road that banks, media companies and other industries are going down in a hurry.)

Good on the author for figuring out how to get into standard book trade distribution channels, rather than just relying on the game trade distribution channels.

Also, Safeway (and its sister stores) have great generic foods, including fantastic soups and salsas.
Well, yes, but the branding Safeway is regional: go a few hours South, and it called Vons. Go to Wisconsin or Ohio, and I'm not sure if theybhave a sister store...?

Parmandur

Book-Friend

OK, looks like it's currently a subsidiary of Albertson's, which is being acquired by Krogers. The More You Know.

I was calling it regional just because my experience is that people outside of Northerm California and the Pacific Northwest don't recognize the name.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads