• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I got my copy of EN World Player's Journal!!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Oddly, I received two copies also. I subscribed, so that explains one of them, but the other one appears to be for the article I wrote that, looking over at the start of this thread, didn't make the cut for this issue. I'm certainly not complaining about getting a free issue, just pointing out the slight oddity here. Does this mean I won't get a free copy of issue 2 when (hopefully) my article will appear? :D

goodmangames

First Post
Alzrius said:
Oddly, I received two copies also. I subscribed, so that explains one of them, but the other one appears to be for the article I wrote that, looking over at the start of this thread, didn't make the cut for this issue. I'm certainly not complaining about getting a free issue, just pointing out the slight oddity here. Does this mean I won't get a free copy of issue 2 when (hopefully) my article will appear? :D

Hmmm... given that I stuffed these envelopes at the booth right before GTS opened, it is possible that I was a little distracted! If you got two copies, consider yourself blessed. :) If anyone who should have received a copy has NOT gotten one, let me know at goodmangames@mindspring.com .

In other news, all new subscriptions received over the past week (while I was at GTS) will be filled in the next few days beginning with issue #1.

fil kearney

First Post
Legacy of the Ancients rocks the house!

Thanks for the kudos, Folks! I had a bundle of fun illustrating the little buggers. I'd certainly work with Natural20 again-- Morrus was great with communicating what needed to be done, and putting up with my umpteen billion questions about stuff. :D

I used to play Legacy of the Ancients all the friggin time! That was my favorite game. I was... 12? I was just getting interested in gaming-- particularly all the cool paintings. go figger. That game had the best cover art! It was very fantasy, but felt -- well you said it dave, alien. kinda eery in a "this monster could kill me real bad" sorta way.

goodmangames

First Post
tensen said:
At what point should we become concerned that we haven't received our subscription yet, and start emailing you?

It's only been a week, and first class mail has been known to take much longer than that. If you haven't received your copy by April 7, let me know.

davewoodrum

First Post
Re: Legacy of the Ancients rocks the house!

fil kearney said:
Thanks for the kudos, Folks! I had a bundle of fun illustrating the little buggers. I'd certainly work with Natural20 again-- Morrus was great with communicating what needed to be done, and putting up with my umpteen billion questions about stuff. :D

I used to play Legacy of the Ancients all the friggin time! That was my favorite game. I was... 12? I was just getting interested in gaming-- particularly all the cool paintings. go figger. That game had the best cover art! It was very fantasy, but felt -- well you said it dave, alien. kinda eery in a "this monster could kill me real bad" sorta way.

Hey that's cool that you played it too! I wasn't much older myself (maybe 14) when I played it.... heck, last time I played it was like 1995 when I still had my old Commodore 64/128!
Did you ever get to play Legend Of Blacksilver? It was made by the same people but was sold by Epyx instead of Electronica Arts.... actually Blacksilver took place on Bantross, one the worlds on the Legacy codewheel but they had to make a few changes (legal?) to the game... namely replacing the archives screens with stupid looking cabinets...
I really enjoyed both of those games and was quite proud and pleased of the way that your art gave the same sort of homage to the feel of those video game creatures in the same manner that I hoped my write ups would. Now if I can just quite trying to put spiny combs and fin like ears on everything I design... :D

fil kearney

First Post
on the spiny rise

Hey... doctor who didn't last 50,000 seasons on plot! fins and spines are what the consumer WANT!!!

I challenge any viewing consumer to deny the fact that spines and fins are cool on monsters-- In fact, I want to see a rumble! let's see who's got the motts when it comes to monsters!

fins or no in rpg beasties??

davewoodrum

First Post
Re: on the spiny rise

fil kearney said:
Hey... doctor who didn't last 50,000 seasons on plot! fins and spines are what the consumer WANT!!!

I challenge any viewing consumer to deny the fact that spines and fins are cool on monsters-- In fact, I want to see a rumble! let's see who's got the motts when it comes to monsters!

fins or no in rpg beasties??

Well, you already know that I've got a thing for adding fins and spines... so I am on the "fins yes" side

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads