• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I got my copy of EN World Player's Journal!!

sotterraneo

First Post
EN WORLD PLAYER'S JOURNAL

goodmangames said:

It's only been a week, and first class mail has been known to take much longer than that. If you haven't received your copy by April 7, let me know.

Uhm, I ordered my copy via Alliance and, OF COURSE, it hasn't arrived so far 8-(. Too bad. But my friend Danilo (cover artist, of course!) has already received his, so I'll borrow it from him and I'll read that. Expect a review on the KaosOnLine magazine (www.kaosonline.it for interested and Italian reading parties) as soon as possible.

What about my article proposal, by the way?

davewoodrum

First Post
sitting here pondering about the next issue of Enworld Player's Journal... I actually wish it was more frequent... I'm already wanting to see another issue.

Christian Walker

First Post
I, too, enjoy the journal. The gobbo fortress in the back is pretty cool and will find its way into my campaign. The accompanying ed bourelle map is hype.

ced1106

Explorer
Stuff's good. If you smacked a TSR Dragon-reading grognard on the back of the head and shoved this book in his hands when we woke up, he wouldn't noticed the difference.

Well, except that "3rd edition" nonsense. :)

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^

ced1106

Explorer
davewoodrum said:
I especially like the image of the grabber ape...

The grabber ape is frickin' hilarious. I really think you should write a town adventure in which two important and physically dangerous city factions (say... the thieve's guild and the wizard's guild :) are about to blow the town asunder because these apes have been stealing magical research items and the thieve's guild are being blamed.

Act I: Players find themselves in the midst of said political war. Mebbe they're in the line of fire of some upset wizard hurling fireballs at a local thieve's hangout.

Act II: Players find out about the grabber apes. Invisible ones.

Act III: The culprit is found. Seems like one of the grabber apes stole a Helm of Intelligence and put it on...

BTW, Speaking of the layout, I'd like to see PDF archives of the magazine with a printer-friendly layout. For example, with the critters, there'd be no more than one creature on a page. So instead of leafing through a magazine for a creature, I could print it out from the PDF and paper clip it to an adventure.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^

fil kearney

First Post
big kudos

Thakns a lot for the compliment, ced1106! I think that scenario of yours would look good in publication. let me know if you put it on paper. I'd happily illustrate it. :) Perhaps a future journal would have space for it...

JoeGKushner

First Post
Christian Walker said:
I, too, enjoy the journal. The gobbo fortress in the back is pretty cool and will find its way into my campaign. The accompanying ed bourelle map is hype.

Ah yes, the Gobbo Fortress! I love the map that went with that article, same dude who did the Book of Taverns and the MEG books.

I also enjoyed the Alchemy article. Good stuff there.

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
mythusmage said:
Got mine yesterday, considering what I paid for it (a mouse:)) it's well worth the price:D

I just got the illustration of said mouse in. I think you'll like him.

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
davewoodrum said:
sitting here pondering about the next issue of Enworld Player's Journal... I actually wish it was more frequent... I'm already wanting to see another issue.

Art is already trickling in.
Covers for #s 2 & 3 have been commissioned.
I get to see all the articles right after Morrus.

neener neener neeeeeeeeener

davewoodrum

First Post
ced1106 said:

The grabber ape is frickin' hilarious. I really think you should write a town adventure in which two important and physically dangerous city factions (say... the thieve's guild and the wizard's guild :) are about to blow the town asunder because these apes have been stealing magical research items and the thieve's guild are being blamed.

Act I: Players find themselves in the midst of said political war. Mebbe they're in the line of fire of some upset wizard hurling fireballs at a local thieve's hangout.

Act II: Players find out about the grabber apes. Invisible ones.

Act III: The culprit is found. Seems like one of the grabber apes stole a Helm of Intelligence and put it on...

BTW, Speaking of the layout, I'd like to see PDF archives of the magazine with a printer-friendly layout. For example, with the critters, there'd be no more than one creature on a page. So instead of leafing through a magazine for a creature, I could print it out from the PDF and paper clip it to an adventure.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^

Hey that rocks for an idea!!! Actually its making me swell up with pride reading stuff like that (though my wife blames my inflation on my recent diet of cabbage and beans)! When I was creating these I just got a few mental images of a group of babboon like apes getting all excited at the passing of flickering, shiny objects and having to make a go for it... hence why I love that illustration so much, the look on the ape's face ("I got it I got it I got it! Whoooooo hooooooooo!"). You just took the concept to a whole new height. True, I did have sort of a thought about the thieve's guild eventually training a few as disposable, dispatch pick pockets but the idea of the apes somehow boosting their intelligence like that and going into a kleptomanic frenzied business for themselves never even slightly occurred to me. What an idea! :) What a way for the characters' to lose all that overstock of unused magical items that they were intending to sell to help pay for that additional tower to their stronghold!
:D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads