• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have played a...

I have played a...

• Sorcerer (Psionics NOT Available)

Votes: 84 51.5%
  • Wizard (Psionics NOT Available)

Votes: 116 71.2%
  • Sorcerer (Psionic Available)

Votes: 48 29.4%
  • Wizard (Psionics Available)

Votes: 70 42.9%
  • Psion

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • Wilder

Votes: 7 4.3%

devilbat

First Post
I usually DM, but none the less, I've had the opportunity to play Wizard and Sorcerer. Psionics were always available, but it's never interested me much.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
I've only played a sorcerer (with no psionics allowed in that game) but I would love to play a psion (and maybe a wilder although I don't really know what those are). Given a choice I would probably pick psion over sorcerer or wizard but that is mainly because I so really get to play ina psionic-friendly game.

jhallum

Explorer
I played a wilder in a Dark Sun game (actually a dualclassed Wilder/Rogue). Completely underpowered (even with the Wild Surged Recall Agony), but as he was the only character with maxed out Diplomacy, Bluff, and Sense Motive, he got the characters out of as many jams as he got them into.

Rystil Arden

First Post
I'm wondering if the OP is trying to use this poll to show that the availability of Psionics decreases the number of people who play arcane casters. If so, then the problem is that it's going to seem that way even if it isn't true just because some people don't play with Psionics at all, so they won't check the boxes for Wizard or Sorcerer with Psionics available.

Wombat

First Post
Wizard, yes. Love 'em.

Sorcerer, yes. Love 'em.

Psion, only in a game where it was Psionics Only and even then wasn't too fond of it.

Wilder? Don't even know what it is.

Conclusion -- the Wombt likes magic and is not fond of psionics, at least a la D20.

Prince Atom

Explorer
I played an evoker in a non-psionics game, a sorcerer who thought he was a paladin (very Don Quixote like), and a psion with the movement specialty back with the old Compressed Psionics Handbook. Oh, the tales I could tell....

TWK

drothgery

First Post
I played a psion in a 3.0 + XPH Dark Sun game. I'll be playing a wizard in an Eberron game (with psionics available) as soon as our current campaign (where I'm running an artificer) ends.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I haven't been systematic about it; I've played Psions when one is available, but not every time. In fact, I'm playing a Psion currently, and having a blast. (I was called a "lazy bum" on Sunday when in-game I mind-thrusted a fish in a pond, and made an astral construct to retrieve it for dinner.) :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads