• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have played a...

I have played a...

• Sorcerer (Psionics NOT Available)

Votes: 84 51.5%
  • Wizard (Psionics NOT Available)

Votes: 116 71.2%
  • Sorcerer (Psionic Available)

Votes: 48 29.4%
  • Wizard (Psionics Available)

Votes: 70 42.9%
  • Psion

Votes: 49 30.1%
  • Wilder

Votes: 7 4.3%

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Which of the above have you played? (And for the arcane casters, where psionics an avalible option for your campaign.)

Last edited:

Aaron L

Hero
I've played sorcerers, wizards, and psions. It depended totally on what character I wanted to play, and not the percieved lack or abundance of power, too.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I've been wanting to play a Wilder, but haven't gotten the opportunity yet.

Li Shenron

Legend
I've played several sorcerers and wizards, but never a psionic character.

I didn't understand the purpose of the poll. Is it to check whether one would still play an arcane caster even is psionics (supposedly more powerful) were available?

Anyway, all my characters were in campaigns with no psionics, but probably if one player had asked the DM, they might have been allowed.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Your poll is flawed! There is no option for "Pixie riding a chihuahua!" :] :) :D

Just kidding! I thought that it might be fun to post one of those bizarre non-sequitors that seem to pop up in response to my own polls.

On a more serious note, I checked the boxes for both Wizard and Sorcerer (without psionics available).

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Sorcerers are more popular than Wizards, but I've had both in campaigns with psionics (both regular psions and wilders). I've allowed psionics since the books came out. Usually I don't get both psionicist and arcanist in the same party, because they all fill the "spellcaster" niche, but the PC's freely switch between and the enemies run the gamut as well.

I've never disallowed psionics, and I've never had a problem with people still playing the other spellcasters. But since they don't HAVE to, they only play it if the concept fits.

Remove ads