D&D General "I have Played in or Run a Campaign Set in the Forgotten Realms" (a poll)

True or False: "I have Played in or Run a Campaign Set in the Forgotten Realms"

• True.

Votes: 258 84.0%
  • False.

Votes: 49 16.0%

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Simple question. . .

True or False: "I have Played in or Run a Campaign Set in the Forgotten Realms"

By campaign, I mean any ongoing multi-session game with the same characters - so mini-campaigns are fine, but not one-offs.

If you want to add details about which edition/version/changes you made (or were made in the version you played a character in), go for it!

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
It's not my go-to, but I ran about a year or so in the Realms back in 3e, ran LMoP for a short campaign a few years back, and am currently running a (heavily-modified) version of Dungeon of the Mad Mage for one of my groups.

None of these games have leaned heavily into FR lore or worldbuilding, the Realms were more just a backdrop with a nice map.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Back when I was introduced to d&d, as a player, in 2e/3e/3.5e days, the campaigns were all in FR. The d&d campaigns I’ve ran have been about 2/3 FR. Currently running a 5e game that started in Mistledale and has since progressed through Cormyr and the Sea of Fallen Stars, to the western reaches of Kara-Tur.

My fellow players and I have been playing in Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus for well over a year now. We all started out as strangers just entering the town when a member of the Flaming Fists decided to 'draft' us into solving a problem they were facing with the followers of Zariel. Now we're all 10th level characters. ;)

aco175

Legend
I had a big campaign in 2e days there and have come back to in exclusively in 5e. For 3e/4e we kept a lot of things like gods and some spells from FR and use Phandalin for more backdrop now. It seems more generic now with no cannon and timeline.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Before 5e I bought a lot of FR products, but used them for inspiration or for downright stealing and re-adaptation.

In 5e, I've run the Lost Mines mini-campaign twice and Dragon Heist (in an extended version) once. Personally, I find 5e loose approach to FR lore quite liberating.

Last edited:

Dioltach

Legend
I took a break from DM'ing last year and one of my players ran a series of modules set in FR.

And I've played Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, and Icewind Dale 1 and 2.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases