D&D 5E "I Have...the Power!" - Your Picks for Next Power Source

Andor

First Post
Hella_Tellah said:
If only the Artificer class in Eberron could be more Agatha Heterodyne and less Did-WOTC-seriously-make-a-class-that's-more-powerful-than-a-WIZARD?!

I... would not want to be a Wizard going up against Agatha Heterodyne.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
How about a bunch of telekinetic symbiotic microbes with an empathic hive mind that can spontaneously generate human life in a womb?

...or would George Lucas sue?

Ander00

First Post
Psionics.

I wouldn't mind a nature-related power source for druids, shamans and the like (potentially totemists).

cheers

Benben

First Post
Wormwood said:
What I'd like to see?

Nature
Psionics
Alchemy/Artifice
Ancestors
Animism
Order & Entropy
Truenames/Words of Creation
Sephiroth & Qliphoth

Yes please. 100 bonus points if I can get Patter/Logrus as a power sources in addition to order and chaos.

Mercule

Adventurer
I think psi is a given.

Nature/animism would be grand, too.

Artifice would rock mightily -- this comes from a man who loathes tinker gnomes and dislikes warforged, but loves the artificer.

Music/art/passion would be a lot of fun, too. I'd kill (or at least maim) for a bard structured soundly around a new power source, rather than a weak, uncertain arcanist.

Some variant on shadowcasters and binders would be much appreciated, but the new warlock sounds like it may fill those roles, thematically.

Patlin

Explorer
Nature -- Druids, Shifters and variants.
Mystic -- Ninjas, Monks, etc.
Psionics -- Psions, Psychic Warriors, Soulknives, etc.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
What Moon Lancer said (and how Moon Lancer said it)...I want my nature-powered druid, and I want him now.

Power sources I would like to see:

Psionic (or ki, or mental, same difference)
Gaia (or nature, or life, whatever)
Alchemy (or science, or artificer, or spark, or somesuch)
Song (or music, or harmony, or suchlike)

And just in case this turns into a humor thread, I would like to nominate Coffee (or java, or espresso, or cuppa-joe, etc.) as a power source. Because, well...it's what powers ME most of the time.

EDIT: "Passion" is a great name for the bard's power. Well done, Mercule.

Remove ads