D&D 5E I just confirmed Arcavios(Strixhaven) IS dmsguild legal

"Is DMs Guild going to remain Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Eberron, Ravnica, and Theros only, or will other settings be considered in the future?

As we did with Ravenloft when Curse of Strahd was released and with Eberron when Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron was released, we intend to open up additional settings and IP as D&D 5e grows.

However, for the time being, only Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Eberron, Ravnica, Theros, and Arcavios(Strixhaven) are permitted."

Is there no art/lore book for Strixhaven like there is for many of the other M:tG settings?

Nope, the first and only Strixhaven/MtG card set came out this year, as is the only other major products for it, the Commander 2021 and Strixhaven: Cirriculum of Chaos. This is what make S:CoC so surprising, it was being written for a completely untested (at the time) setting.

pukunui

Legend
Nope, the first and only Strixhaven/MtG card set came out this year, as is the only other major products for it, the Commander 2021 and Strixhaven: Cirriculum of Chaos. This is what make S:CoC so surprising, it was being written for a completely untested (at the time) setting.
Aha OK. Well, hopefully for fans of the setting, it will get an art/lore book soon that expands on the world. Or maybe we'll get some semi-official Guild Adept stuff on DMs Guild that expands on the world's lore beyond the school itself.

Aha OK. Well, hopefully for fans of the setting, it will get an art/lore book soon that expands on the world. Or maybe we'll get some semi-official Guild Adept stuff on DMs Guild that expands on the world's lore beyond the school itself.

I don't think there will he Art of Strixhaven book, I think that line of books finished up with Art of War of the Spark book. I think they plan on MtG D&D books filling that role in the future.

There is however a Planeswalker Guide to Strixhaven for free, with a beautiful
ful map of Arcavios, which absurdly Strixhaven: Cirriculum of Chaos doesn't use. None of the Planes' cities are on it, as that likely hasn't been filled out yet by world design team.

Planeswalker's Guide to Strixhaven

I took a quick look at the book at Chapters as I had to cancel my order because of money issues, and I noticed Strixhaven also refers to nor only the Feywild, but directly says also that Witherbloom students draw their magic from the Negative and Positive Energy Planes. Is this book MtG canon?

If they keep this up they will either have to create D&D parallel versions of Theros, Ravnica, Arcavios, and maybe Kamigawa, etc..., or merge the settings otherwise fans are just going to get more and more confused. I think creating parallel versions will create less backlash then merging and the MtG Netflix cartoon is going to create their own versions of the MtG worlds, so no reason D&D can't.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I took a quick look at the book at Chapters as I had to cancel my order because of money issues, and I noticed Strixhaven also refers to nor only the Feywild, but directly says also that Witherbloom students draw their magic from the Negative and Positive Energy Planes. Is this book MtG canon?

If they keep this up they will either have to create D&D parallel versions of Theros, Ravnica, Arcavios, and maybe Kamigawa, etc..., or merge the settings otherwise fans are just going to get more and more confused. I think creating parallel versions will create less backlash then merging and the MtG Netflix cartoon is going to create their own versions of the MtG worlds, so no reason D&D can't.
There are very liberal uses of D&D IP, but I think the streams are fully crossed now.

Remove ads