• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I just got back from the Two Towers

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I give it a good review 4/5.

I was please with the adaptation and think when a person takes on an epic and legendary project he does have to make adjustments. Now did the adjustments effect the story? I don't think so, overall the movie is true to the story (not the book).

Okay, Dwarf jokes - sorry to say this but dwarves are stereotyped in books, movies, and games. I have played/DMed games where the dwarves were done the same way!

Shield skateboard...my biggest issue.

Bihor

First Post
The thing is all the changes in the two movie, the stairs in moria, the death of Boromir, the brandybock fairy, Faramir and Frodo in Osgiliath, the ents and the wargs where invent or change to make a action movie.
The action is the movie, it start with action and the action stop so the movie ends.
It's more of an action than a fantasy movie.
Even PJ says in the DVD extended ed. that they took of scenes thet had no action in it.

Sauron attacks Gondor when he does for a reason completley unrelated to the ring.

He attacks because Aragorn reveals himself to Sauron by using Saruman's Palantir to wrench control of Saurons Palantir away from him. He does this because he is their rightful heir and they are willing to follow him. Sauron though probably thinks Aragorn is able to do this because he possesses the ring and thus attacks early in hopes of defeating Aragorn before he gains too much power from the ring.

EricNoah said:

Well, I haven't seen it so I can't say for sure. But ....

I think the whole "capture the ring-bearer and start moving toward Minas Tirith" bit is a plot device, and even moreso is the encounter with the Nazgul. That Nazgul, I'm betting, will report back to Sauron that the ring was last sensed in Osgiliath (or wherever the encounter takes place, but near Minas Tirith, right?) and thus Sauron, unable to conceive that the ring could be on its way to Mordor to be destroyed will naturally assume it's on its way to Minas Tirith.

It's a different route to the same place, and to me it gets us there. Now we don't have to bother with trying to convince the audience that Sauron is kinda-sorta guessing that the ring is on its way to Minas Tirith because of various circumstantial evidence (Aragorn taunting him through the palantir, etc.).

Faramir, in the meantime, will also arrive to his "character place" along a different road, but he will get there (I'll bet he's practically already there by the end of TTT, that's another thing I will be looking for).

So it's a bit of a detour, but for a slightly truncated plot I think it does the trick. We'll have to see how it plays out in film three...

Ranger REG

Explorer
Flexor the Mighty! said:

Having said that I loved the movie, even if it's not quite the story JRRT was telling.
That's because Mr. Tolkien once said that the three books would have been an awful translation to the film media. Given a chance, he would have written the screenplay adaptation.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads