I know someone who got infected

Well it finally happened. A friend of mine finally got infected with covid-19. Happy surprise though. He was completely asymptomatic with no negative affects at all. Yay! It didnt make him sick in the slightest. Its nice to hear about people getting lucky or averting disaster. He's unharmed. I just thought id put this here to brighten people's day.

Last edited:

R_J_K75

Legend
Well it finally happened. A friend of mine finally got infected with covid-10. Happy surprise though. He was completely asymptomatic with no negative affects at all. Yay! It didnt make him sick in the slightest. Its nice to hear about people getting lucky or averting disaster. He's unharmed. I just thought id put this here to brighten people's day.

Howd they find out without having symptoms, where they possibly exposed and were tested?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Well it finally happened. A friend of mine finally got infected with covid-10. Happy surprise though. He was completely asymptomatic with no negative affects at all. Yay! It didnt make him sick in the slightest. Its nice to hear about people getting lucky or averting disaster. He's unharmed. I just thought id put this here to brighten people's day.
Good for him ! May he turn away every other bug that tries to bite him.

Good for him ! May he turn away every other bug that tries to bite him.
Wow...didnt notice it until you quoted me but my finger aparently hit the zero key when i tried to type the 9 in 19. Im fixing that. I know its minor but if i dont its gonna drive me nuts.

And the only thing currently "bugging" him lol is that so far hes not back in the fight. (Although this disease he says he find more "highly communicable triviality" than menace. There are others he's more concerned about. Also, not saying hes saying it isnt a dangerous disease. The way it came off its more that he knows it can kill but generally isnt life threatening usually.)

Last edited:

At least two of my HS teachers have it.
Im not surprised. I actually expect compulsory school teachers to have an elevated tendancy to get it due to the schools not having been shut down before it was circulating. Schools and venues like them both due to high numbers of discordant contact instances and also due to details of their construction such as air circulating mechanisms (the latter is always massively underestimated by people) are always massive risk multipliers for things like this.

Hopefully they recover well. They probably will which is the good thing. Especially if they are not that old. If they are, still more likely they will recover, but not as likely. Hopefully they do.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Private school, but the point remains.

Unfortunately, both are elderly. I know one was a college teacher of one of my Mom’s friends...but he’s a health nut AND half sasquatch, so who knows.

Private school, but the point remains.

Unfortunately, both are elderly. I know one was a college teacher of one of my Mom’s friends...but he’s a health nut AND half sasquatch, so who knows.
Well hopefully they get well.

Being health conscious and hardy should help him. That said hes a him. Males are actually at higher risk. Granted the main thing is that hes old.

Remove ads