I know someone who got infected

R_J_K75

Legend
I cannot believe how dismissive some people are of this situation. I think the key factor here is that there is such a myriad of symptoms in people or no symptoms at all. Both my father and nephew caught it most likely in early March and both recovered, their ages ranged from 18-75. Sure I'd love to go about my life as normal, have friends over but I know that could possibly setback any progress made by social distancing significantly. I think it was ridiculously stupid for the Florida government to reopen beaches and even stupider for these lemmings to flock there. Barring a freak rogue wave I'm sure next week we'll read about a spike on cases in those areas.

1587296725758.png

I cannot believe how dismissive some people are of this situation. I think the key factor here is that there is such a myriad of symptoms in people or no symptoms at all. Both my father and nephew caught it most likely in early March and both recovered, their ages ranged from 18-75. Sure I'd love to go about my life as normal, have friends over but I know that could possibly setback any progress made by social distancing significantly. I think it was ridiculously stupid for the Florida government to reopen beaches and even stupider for these lemmings to flock there. Barring a freak rogue wave I'm sure next week we'll read about a spike on cases in those areas.

View attachment 121181
Lets...um...avoid calling people morons and making this thread political.

No offense. And for what its worth i totally agree. I wouldnt be going to the beach right now. Im right with you on that opinion.

Id like to keep this thread on the less political side though.

View attachment 121181
im glad they got better.
Luckily, nobody I directly know has it yet. But I know people who have friends/family with it and suffered losses.
Im sorry for their losses and i hope you do not experience any direct losses in the future.

Calling people morons isn't political. We had a Covid case here arrested as he thought going to the supermarket after being diagnosed was a good idea.
There was an "and" in that sentence.

I know its not. Its other parts of the paragraph that i was saying was political. I dont even disagree with the position, but it was pretty political.

I mean...thats all im gonna say i guess...

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I'm in New Jersey in the US. I have two family members infected (my cousin's wife, who managed nursing homes, then then my cousin), and three friends. One whom is just powering through it and I just finished an online D&D session with. He works deliveries which is busy right now - well, I believe he's not allowed to work right now. The other are a couple with young kids, and they are unable to really care for them, but not having breathing issues yet.

shawnhcorey

wizard
Current estimates of the mortality rate for COVID-19 is 0.37%. That means 99.63% of those who get infected will survive. Getting the disease is not an automatic death sentence.

Why we are doing the quarantine is to prevent unnecessary deaths. It is there to prevent the healthcare system from being overwhelm and losing patients they may have otherwise saved.

SAR-COV-2 will be with us until everyone has had it or everyone has had a vaccine. There's no stopping it; that's what the word pandemic means. There is only slowing it down.

Calling people morons is rude. Possibly ableist. But when the science sources are making it pretty clear that large gatherings of people are still contraindicated, calling such gatherings dumb is not political.
The factualness of things doesnt dictate what is or isnt political. At least not consistantly. But, whatever. Sure.

Remove ads