I know someone who got infected

Me too! By his account, it was one of the milder infections, but it still sounded darn harrowing and unpleasant.
Yeah. Respiratory distress (constantly feeling short of breath and/or having difficulty getting those breaths) is pretty crappy. The other symptoms that can come alomg with corona seem unoleasant as well. The one that would really get me is constantly being short of breath though. And i hear that is very common in these cases.

And if i were gonna die of respiratory distress, give me a heart attack instead any day please. Much quicker. I mean, i think all death and disease is awful but due to personal preference i especially hate slow death.

Thats one of the crappy things about diseases like covid. If you DONT recover, it will be a slow death march. Its why there are some diseases i have a lot more contempt for than others. The slow ones (as in diseases that generally dont strike and kill you once they are ready in under an hour) bother me so much more than the ones that take you in an instant.

Covid takes its time.

Last edited:

My friend that had it reported some of the, err, unmentionable symptoms. Poor guy.

I think we're already seeing that there are long-term consequences for many that recover, and that's a doubly horrible thing.

Yeah. Respiratory distress (constantly feeling short of breath and/or having difficulty getting those breaths) is pretty crappy. The other symptoms that can come alomg with corona seem unoleasant as well. The one that would really get me is constantly being short of breath though. And i hear that is very common in these cases.

My friend that had it reported some of the, err, unmentionable symptoms. Poor guy.

I think we're already seeing that there are long-term consequences for many that recover, and that's a doubly horrible thing.
True.

Luckily, the long term consequences seem to be generally limited to those who got really bad before recovering (which is at least fortunate). This is why if you get sick, ITS REALLY IMPORTANT to go to the doctors at the moment you realize its getting worse than just a runny nose at least right now. Do not delay too long. Couod be your life. Or your health during the rest of your life.

But people are already showing up with signifficant scarring to the lungs and other long term effects.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
A couple of friends of mine had it - fortunately, they are recovering now. Both involved trips to the emergency department, but neither was admitted as their vitals, like their pulse-ox, were still OK. One of the two went to the ED more than once over the course of the illness - and he's young and relatively health. So, yeah, COVID-19 has the potential to be very bad even when not serious enough to hospitalize.

Personally, I find it very hard to understand how people can still minimize or dismiss this. Well... I can see how it happens but way too much of this is based on really dysfunctional consumption of information.

A couple of friends of mine had it - fortunately, they are recovering now. Both involved trips to the emergency department, but neither was admitted as their vitals, like their pulse-ox, were still OK. One of the two went to the ED more than once over the course of the illness - and he's young and relatively health. So, yeah, COVID-19 has the potential to be very bad even when not serious enough to hospitalize.

Personally, I find it very hard to understand how people can still minimize or dismiss this. Well... I can see how it happens but way too much of this is based on really dysfunctional consumption of information.
Im glad to hear they are getting better.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
My cousin and her family had it. Her husband spent time in the hospital and is recovering. He even made national news. Maybe because he was the first case at a brewery for Budweiser.

One of my neighbors is continuously having visitors over. Just today, I saw several children and their parents there. I believe if we see a drastic uptick in cases in my county it could probably be traced back them. Friday night they had a party with more people. The second weekend in a row that I've noticed.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
The child of my mother's cousin and one coworker's sibling and sibling-in-law are all infected. One of them has only mild symptoms and the other two are hospitalized. Also I live in a county that is considered to be under heavy contagion, so any expedition outside is a coin toss.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
The child of my mother's cousin and one coworker's sibling and step-sibling are all infected. One of them has only mild symptoms and the other two are hospitalized. Also I live in a county that is considered to be under heavy contagion, so any expedition outside is a coin toss.

What country?

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
What country?
In the heart of the moon LOL!!

I'm talking about a real country, that part of Continental North America everybody forgets it is part of Continental North America.

Edit: Ohh, You understood country instead of county. You know, county as in municipality or borough.

Last edited:

Remove ads