I know someone who got infected

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Just had a friend of 30+ years and his elder mother whom he takes care of got infected. He's doing fine. She's in the hospital.

My cousin's wife is improving, need word on my cousin.

My friend's, the couple, have recovered.

Death toll in my state in the US, +310 since yesterday.

My nextdoor neighbor just returned from the hospital, after being diagnosed with Covid19 several days earlier. She all of a sudden experienced an incredible lack of energy. Even walking up and down the stairs was too much for her. Fortunately she got the medical help she needed and is feeling much better now. She does have to self isolate for about a week to make she doesn't infect anyone. But she has people helping her out with doing shopping.

MoonSong

Rules-lawyering drama queen but not a munchkin
Reviving this thread. Sadly not for good news...

Turns out now it is my cousin -and my cousin's children and inlaws- who has caught the disease. This is the first time it is someone that close to me who gets sick. I'm a bit worried because it is only one or two degrees of separation from my grandparents who are in their eighties.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Reviving this thread. Sadly not for good news...

Turns out now it is my cousin -and my cousin's children and inlaws- who has caught the disease. This is the first time it is someone that close to me who gets sick. I'm a bit worried because it is only one or two degrees of separation from my grandparents who are in their eighties.
Thinking of you (from about 2000 miles (3600 km?) too far away to be any bodily help). Another EnWorld thread "My Covid Journey" tells another poster's experience getting it, early on. May be helpful and likely be scary. Keep in touch, at least we can provide a virtual shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen.

Remove ads