• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I miss Melkor (3rd Gnome IR) :)

The Goblin King

First Post
Serpenteye said:
To solve the balance-issue of a massive alliance of altruistic good-guys sharing tech you could make it rather easy to steal technology and other information by hacking or infiltration. Any technology that is applied on the open market or in the field of battle can easily be copied anyway, and anything that involves mass-production should be rather easy to steal since it's a lot harder to defend a dozen facilities all the time than to burglar one facility for a couple of minutes.

So, to preserve balance we must ignore balance? :) Still, I can't think of a better idea. I only have a rough outline right now. I know its not original. In fact, I'm pretty sure I read something like this before but I can't seem to place my finger on it. Each nation would have a character sheet.

Strength: This stat would be a measure of your nations military power.
Dexterity: Your industrial manufacturing ability.
Constitution: The overall toughness and redundancy of your systems.
Intelligence: Research and development.
Wisdom: Foreign intelligence and espionage.
Charisma: Dilplomatic skills and public relations with humans.

The skill list is sketchy at this point. I'm not even sure if skills are really needed. Feats are also up in the air. On the one hand they would be neat but I am worried about making things overly complicated.

Serpenteye

First Post
This sounds very cool. I would definately be interested in playing. Perhaps you should start another thread for recruitment? (Just make sure you have the abbreviation IR in the title)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads