I must protest. The drow are not like that!

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(rueful look)

My propaganda is lousy in general. But sometimes, it works with spectacular results. I'm the first person to be taken by surprise when it does.

I would never argue that Canon drow are nice.
But, from the perspective of Orcus, Demon Prince of the Undead, I would daresay that even Canon drow could come off to him as being overly nice ...
Perhaps that is why Canon drow don't worship him? He considers them too gentle to accept as worshippers?

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*chuckles* Yeah well this Orcus fan boy will NEVER be taken in by drow idealogy, no matter the window dressing.

A piece of crap is still a piece of crap, no matter how you wrap in or serve it.

Lela

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
(rueful look)

My propaganda is lousy in general. But sometimes, it works with spectacular results. I'm the first person to be taken by surprise when it does.

Or so he says. Does anyone here believe it?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*smiles* Well that's my fervant hope. At least then they'd probably get out of the caves and not get burnt so darn much. ;)

William Ronald

Explorer
Nightfall said:
*smiles* Well that's my fervant hope. At least then they'd probably get out of the caves and not get burnt so darn much. ;)

Well, some undead are sunlight sensitive, and the drow would still have to contend with their biology -- well, the living ones at least.

As for Orcus going up against a deity, that depends on the strength of the diety involved. (If we are talking about the mythological Roman deity Orcus, I don't recall him being a truly major entitity.) However, I think one of the few things that drow deities, and Orcus's rivals among demon lords and princes would agree to is to prevent Orcus from ascending to godhood.

Canon drow definitely are NOT nice or pacifistic. However, sometimes canon can be upturned for interesting effect. So, Nightfall might have a group of Orcus worshipping drow -- who would logically be opposed by canon drow and other foes. (War and politics can make very strange bedfellows. So, a war to stop Orcus worshipping drow might bring several opposing factions together -- for a short time.)

Remove ads