I need a soundtrack for a dungeon-crawling adventure with the vibe of a cheesy 1980s fantasy movie

SaltheartRPG

Villager
Ok, now this may not be the traditional answer but back in the late 80s, I added a soundtrack to all the sessions of one campaign using contemporary music, including many tunes from the Beach Boys Endless Summer....

I use soundtracks when I DM, both in-person and via Discord. I often just go with ambient sound effect tracks, but for this weekend's Grizzled Adventurers game, I'm thinking something with the vibe of a cheesy 1980s fantasy movie would be the right vibe. (Note I said cheesy: The Princess Bride soundtrack by Mark Knopfler and Labyrinth soundtrack with David Bowie on it are both way too nice for this.)

Anyone got some favorites? It should be both gloriously cheesy but also something we don't want to turn off after five minutes. It can be a real soundtrack or a modern synthwave throwback album.

Thanks!
Anything by The Magic Sword. Awesome synthwave, and “Battlefield” from the self-titled album (the first) makes me think of a guy with a magic sword and shield fighting a vast horde.

Remove ads