I need an old module to run this weekend

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I need an interesting, short scenario or adventure that I can run this weekend, preferably a section from an older D&D module (Moldvay/Mentzer edition or Advanced first edition).

I'm not averse to branching out toward an OSRIC or C&C adventure, but I would rather stick with one of the classic D&D module sources for this session.

The session is going to run about 5 hours, and I'd like to be able to "complete" the scenario or adventure in this time -- this means that I won't be running any module in it's entirety, most likely.

I am going to be using a FUDGE/C&C hybrid rules system (or possibly the Unisystem rules from Dungeons & Zombies), so things should move fast. However, I will be using miniatures for combat.

So, semi-grogs and wannabe old schoolers, what do you advise?

Crothian

First Post
Without knowing what level I'm going to suggest C2 The lost tower of Inverness or something like that. It is a nice place that is easy to explore. It has a good mix of old style combat and riddles plus has some really cool places for combat. I ran it a year or so ago and it turned out to be a lot of fun.

Demmero

Explorer
I'll throw B6: The Veiled Society out there as a suggestion. It's a short module with a good mix of combat and intrigue.

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Thanks for the suggestions so far -- keep'em coming! I know it's a very specific request!

Also, I'm up for using elements from HackMaster modules as well. I'm guessing that they should be pretty compatible with first edition AD&D.

Emerald Lich

First Post
X2 - Castle Amber.

That one is just pure Tom Moldvay goodness. It's an all-time classic.

You can also probably pre-plan what sections of the adventure to include in order to fit your timeframe - I think the structure of the module lends itself well to easily omitting certain sections.

Crothian

First Post
Oryan77 said:
Ghost Tower of Inverness :)

I own that but have never ran it. It can be done in 1 session?

Ghost tower...lost tower close enough ;)

It is not a long module plus if need be it is really easy to remove a few encounters if one is worried about time.

Remove ads