D&D 5E i need more necromancy spells

Dausuul

Legend
more so im looking to give my player the abillity to have increasingly powerful undead minions so they arent just limited to making skelentons and zombies .
What's wrong with create undead? You can make ghouls, ghasts, wights, and even mummies. It's a spell right there in the PHB that does exactly what you're asking for.

Bupp

Adventurer
Here's some necromancy spells I converted from AD&D era Dragon Magazine.

Grimwald’s Greymantle
5th level necromancy
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (a bone or small animal skeleton)
Duration: 1 round/level

When you casts this spell, a silvery-grey radiance is produced and if the target fails Constitution saving throw, expands to envelop them in an aura, or mantle. While this shimmering radiance is in effect, curative spells, healing, and regeneration of natural or magical nature will not be effective within the confines of the mantle; thus, a troll could not regenerate, a ring of regeneration would not operate, a potion of healing would have no effect, and so forth.

http://5egrognard.blogspot.com/2015/01/tome-of-covenant-grimwalds-greymantle.html

Crimson Scourge
5th level necromancy
Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M (scarlet robe and a faceless red mask, both made from the finest silk, worth at least a 1,000 gp each)
Duration: Special

This terrible spell can affect one humanoid being. Upon pronouncing the curse, you touch the victim, who gets a Constitution saving throw. Failure results in the victim bleeding profusely through the pores of the skin, taking 1-2 hp damage per round until dead. Regular first aid cannot prevent this damage, and most magical curatives have no effect upon the affliction. Such spells as remove curse, and cure wounds can staunch the hemorrhaging, but hit points may be re-gained fully only through time and rest. A heal spell, on the other hand, can dispel the results of this evil magic entirely.

The most horrible property of the crimson scourge, however, lies in the contagiousness of its effects, for whenever an afflicted victim comes into physical contact with someone else, the touched person has to make a Constitution saving throw or become likewise afflicted. Fortunately, you can never suffer the effects of your own crimson scourge. Certain plagues throughout history have, in fact, been attributed to this spell (that often goes by the name of the red death). However, the spell does not really cause a biological illness and is, therefore, unaffected by any spells that cure disease.

The working of this curse requires that the wizard wear a scarlet robe and a faceless red mask, both made from the finest silk, worth at least a 1,000 gp each. These components are not lost in the casting and may be used as many times as desired.

http://5egrognard.blogspot.com/2014/10/crimson-scourge.html

Vampire Mist
4th level necromancy
Range: 30 ft.
Components: V, S
Duration: 1 minute

With this spell, you cause a pale, large sized cloud of chilling vapor to form at any desired spot within a 30’ radius. The vapor billows, shifts, and appears almost sentient even though it is not truly alive. It moves at a rate of 30 ft. per round, seeking out and enveloping the nearest life-form within reach of its gaseous tendrils (possibly attacking you if you do not take precautions). Once the spell is cast, you do not need to concentrate upon the magic in order for its effects to persist. You do not have any control over the mist once the spell is cast.

The vapor can flow over 10’ high walls and can seep through even the smallest openings and cracks. It cannot pass through airtight barriers (such as a wall of force or a hermetically sealed door), nor can the mist move across an area of fire. The gas avoids open flames, so a you could conceivably keep the vapor at bay with a torch.

The mist drains blood from any creature caught within its area of effect, doing 3d8 necrotic damage per round. The enveloped creature must make a Constitution saving throw during the first round of damage or else fall down incapacitated, unable to leave the gaseous cloud without help. As the vampire mist feeds, it turns dull red. A creature does not need to breathe the vapors in order for their effects to work.

The mist cannot harm an individual protected by an anti-magic shell, and a gust of wind repels the vapor without dispersing it. Violent winds (such as those created by an air elemental) completely obliterate this gaseous horror, as do extremely hot fires (such as those created by a fireball or flame strike). Vampire mist does not harm fire-based creatures. When the duration of the spell expires, the cloud simply thins out into nothingness.

http://5egrognard.blogspot.com/2014/10/vampire-mist.html

Undead Control
3rd-level necromancy
Range: 20 yards
Components: V, S, M
Duration: 1 hour

You attempt to control a single undead creature you can see within range. It must make a Wisdom saving throw, and does so with advantage if you or your companions are fighting it. If it fails the saving throw, it is controlled by you until the spell ends or until you or your companions do anything harmful to it. The controlled creature regards you as a friendly acquaintance. When the spell ends, the creature knows it was controlled by you.

The material component is an evil priest’s unholy symbol or some other properly cursed talisman forcefully presented to the affected monsters. The component is not lost in the casting and may be subsequently reused.

At Higher Levels: You can control more powerful undead creatures.

Control Undead
Spell Level
Controls Undead of CR . . .
3rd
1/2 or lower
4th
1 or lower
5th
2 or lower
6th
3 or lower
7th
4 or lower
8th
5 or lower
9th
6 or lower

http://5egrognard.blogspot.com/2014/10/undead-control.html

The Book of Lost Spells has loads of new necromancy spells for 5e.

https://www.froggodgames.com/book-lost-spells

Yes, I love the necromancy spells in that book, though I have not yet gotten around to using any of them on my monsters against my players. Augment Skeleton, Adamantine Bones, Summon Undead, and Transform Zombie are my particular favorites. Also I am dying to see Bloody Tentacles in action because it is so bizarre.

rollingForInit

First Post
There are quite a few Necromantic spells, but if you feel like the list is lacking ... reflavour is your friend. See a spell with a cool mechanic? Change it up so it's necromantic now. Fireball could be "Cloud of Decay". Wall of Stone is now "Wall of Bones". And so on.

Bupp

Adventurer
Forgot I did a wall of bones conversion.

Wall of Bones
4th-level conjuration
Range: 120 feet
Components: V, S, M (a withered peach branch taken from a cemetary)
Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes

A nonmagical wall of bones springs into existence at a point you choose within range. The wall is 6 inches thick and is composed of ten 10-foot-by-10-foot panels. Each panel must be contiguous with at least one other panel. Alternatively, you can create 10-foot-by-20-foot panels that are only 3 inches thick. Though solid, the wall has many small openings and gaps, and provides three-quarters cover to attacks from the other side.

When the wall appears, each creature within its area must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, a creature takes 4d8 piercing damage, or half as much damage on a successful save.

A creature can move through the wall, albeit slowly and painfully. For every one foot a creature moves through the wall, it must spend 4 feet of movement. Furthermore, the first time a creature enters the wall on a turn or ends its turn there, the creature must make a Dexterity saving throw. It takes 4d8 slashing damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

The wall is an object made of bones that can be damaged and thus breached. Each panel has AC 15 and 15 hit points per inch of thickness. Reducing a panel to 0 hit points destroys it and might cause connected panels to collapse at the DM’s discretion.

If you maintain your concentration on this spell for its whole duration, the wall becomes permanent and can’t be dispelled. Otherwise, the wall disappears when the spell ends.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 5th level or higher, both types of damage increase by 1d8 for each spell slot above 4th.

http://5egrognard.blogspot.com/2014/10/wall-of-bones.html

I converted old WOrld of darkness vampire discplins into spells many years ago...

a smaller die but ranged vampric touch spell called Theft of VItae
a touch save or die called cauldron of blood
a dominate person spell that allows no save but requires the target to drink your blood

are the basics I remember

Remove ads