• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E i need more necromancy spells

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
How about a spell that inflicts temporary death on a willing target?
Or spells that inflict temporary undeath? Skeletonize, zombify etc.
I'd like to see lesser versions of magic jar (ie - magic jar tiny animals and the like).
I'd like to see some sort of raise or animate familiar spell.
I'd like to see a cantrip that animates a tiny bone creature under the casters control.

Ravenloft´s "Forbidden Lore" boxed set (AD&D) includes a book named "Nova Arcanum - The Necromancies of Stradh Von Zarovich".

I haven't read the book so I don't know about the real content, but the title seems to point towards what you are looking for...

I have a villion using a spell I made up called Undead Legion...

You target up to 10 creatures per spell level of CR3 or lower who died within 24hr they each become 3 undead that are only under your control for a short bit of time... a shadow, a wight, and a spector... you basicly pull apart there soul in three... the downside is everyday you loose 1 creatures worth per spell level...

so in my bad guys case she is using 2 5th level spells on day one to animate 100 dead bodies into 300 undead. on day 2 she loses 1/10 of them... so she is down to 270... ext...

they can all create spawn as well, so as they leave her service there becomes quite an epidemic of undead...

Remove ads